1435 FLT Typhoon decals

PaulR

Hi there,

Was looking at the wheels-up-to-be-mounted-on-a-pole 1/72nd Typhoon I am in the throes of completing (am reverting to my childhood in more ways than one) and was wondering if any decal manufacturers were considering doing the Falklands marks as currently carried by the Tiffies now based there. Am thinking Xtradecal maybe - its about time they released one of their periodic RAF update sets!

Would be interested if anyone knew.

Best regards, Paul

Hi there,

Was looking at the wheels-up-to-be-mounted-on-a-pole 1/72nd Typhoon I am in the throes of completing (am reverting to my childhood in more ways than one) and was wondering if any decal manufacturers were considering doing the Falklands marks as currently carried by the Tiffies now based there. Am thinking Xtradecal maybe - its about time they released one of their periodic RAF update sets!

Would be interested if anyone knew.

Best regards, Paul

The new 4+ book sets include the maltese crosses - but to be strictly honest they're as seen in the UK - i think these were removed before transiting south. They might be a starting point though?

The markings in the Mark 1 book were on ZJ950 for one day before they were removed. They can be put on to represent that jet on that day, but the actual markings that were put on in the Falklands are very different and are not currently available.

The Typhoons (at a glance) appear to carry the same style of markings as those applied to the Tornados in their later years.

*IF* and I do mean *IF* a decal company had released fairly recent 1435 flt markings of the Tornados then they might be good candidates for the Typhoons.

Cheers

John