Tamiya 1:100 Draken

mumbles

This GB has provided the perfect impetus to get this quick build off the bench (started mid 2007 or so). Things were going fine until I discovered that Tamiya perversely moulded the canopy framing on the inside of the canopy, and thus it stalled.

draken1.jpg

Base camouflage colour of midnight blue has been laid down for some time, once the canopy is faired in to my satisfaction (horrible fit, as well as being moulded by wierdo's) the green will go on, then the rest of the painting is a doddle.

Edited by mumbles

Not seen that scheme before, looks good.

Thankyou, it was the old camouflage scheme before they went grey.

Well it was all going swimmingly, and I got the underside blue and bare metal areas done:

draken4.jpg

Then I went to get ready to put the decals on....

And couldn't find them :badmood:

It seems they got misplaced during the reshuffle of the modelling room in back in November. Losing decals is not something I normally do so I am more than a little miffed. :S

So unless I magick them back into view sometime in the next hour or so the build is dead in the water, since tonight was my last available build night before heading off on a camping trip with the family for the next week.

So thats the GB deadline stuffed then! Looking on the brightside, I suppose this makes it an excellent candidate for KUTA III :)

Anyone know where I can get some 1/100 Swedish AF decals?

Edited by mumbles