1/35th M1 Panther II

The Mechanic

Hi All

This has been a long ongoing project for me. Started it in January this year and I've taken my time with it. The model is the Dragon 1/35th kit (new tooling version) with the Eduard etched set for it. I am also using the Tamiya Modern US Military Equip Set and Dragon US Tank Crew set on it too.

So far, the kit has gone together really well, no major hiccups with it. Stabbed myself a few times whilst removing various details from the kit for the replacement in the etched set. But I decided to keep certain items like the cameras from the kit, the etched one did not look to good in my opinion. The good thing about this kit, is that you can have various doors open on it. The bad point of this is that Dragon does not supply any detail for the rear, but Eduard does in the etched set. Now to my biggest headache so far, THE TRACKS........ A pain! They would not stay clipped togeter, so I had to glue them in sections. A total pain in the A##E.

The Panther is standing on the stand I'm making for it. It's going to be the inside of a compound in Iraq where the Panther has just arrived at. The crew have all of their kit loaded onboard from the journey from their old base. I hope to get this finished for ModelKraft in Febuary, but who knows?

Sorry about the photos quality, I took them on my phone quickly.

Mick

panther2-wip10.jpg

panther2-wip11.jpg

panther2-wip12.jpg

panther2-wip13.jpg

panther2-wip14.jpg

panther2-wip15.jpg

More info and photo's of this model and others are on my website.

Mick's Modelling Site

Edited by The Mechanic