Eurofighter 1:32 (Revell)

eagle

I do have pics but i am building it for scale modelling now so it would not be right to post them on here... Sorry

Just applied the wash tonight on the plane and it looks qiute nice now!

ok then do you have a link

Hi silverburn

I admire your adherance to the same plane .

NIce build.

Im about 40% through my one very time consuming until you get all the sub assemblies done

I notice that your colour for airframe is on the light side is this a chosen paint colour.

Whoever is saying that barley grey is the right colour for a typhoon is totally wrong ,the colour is far to dark to anything in the real world.

eagle

This was my one caveat of this build - I'm on rattle cans, and simply cannot get the accuracy I want - yes, I know this is too light - it's also too "warm" - it needs more blue in it. Fear not - an airbrush features this year i recon, and accurate paint mixing will become a reality. Better texture too - these rattle cans (Montana Gold) lay it down far too thick and grainy - even at room temperature.

Edited by silverburn

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, the main model itself is now done!

With the addition of some inner pylons from Mike 2 Resins, the final Paveways are on, and we're "ready to fly"! Check out those point boom sticks...gives you a warm feeling inside dunnit.... :D

Wee bit out of focus, but the RFI ones will be better. But I think you get the idea...

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Those wondering if the front karts can handle it...well, they can...just. You can see the sag quite clearly from the front view.

Still got some scratch building to do on on the engine, but it's so close to being finished and moved to RFI. Actually quite tempted to go back and do my 1:48...it's the "worst" of the lot, and I really fancy doing a much better job (plus make the 'set' more identical etc).

• 7 months later...

Cheers guys!

Been a while since I did this one, and was surprised to see this back on the front page!

Cheers for all the comments - Tempted to do another in a flying pose, but right now I've got a Gulf war tornado to finish...it's been after-marketed to death with details kits, resin pits, 8 x 1000lb bombs, metal legs all round. Pity my camera's busted, and you can't see it...yet!

It's a lovely build - you've done a fantastic job. Only comments from me are that the leading edge flaps would be retracted on the ground and also you wouldn't see an engine change being done on an armed aircraft. Other than that, it's superb, good work.

• 2 months later...

fantastic build as i posted in another thread i have been working on that very jet this week

see here

one thing i have noticed is that a lot of peoples kits show the underside as clean and nice and grey, youve done a good job showing the dirt could i make some suggestions

ty.jpg

at point 1 just aft of the coolers is a very nice example of how it is in real life, where i have placed the boxes just aft of the fwd gear there is something the same in both corners. the big red box at the veri cowls has the same effect as the trailing edge of the wing meeting the control surfaces. between the 2 green lines is a few random trails that appear in this area. one thing i have noticed with all typhoon kits is that the warning decals ie no step etc dont seem to be as stand out in real life they are a more faded black if you get my meaning

as i said though excellent model, if you or any body making a typhoon model want any help in how the real things look in certain areas i will answer as best i can without breeching any rules

Great Build!

By the way, where did you get your weighted wheels from? And are they the weighted wheel set for the Revell Kit as I have contacted Hannants about the fact it wasn't in stock after looking at this WIP, and they said Mastercasters is having problems with the set.

Also Hannants do not have the Two Mikes Resin Bomb pylons set as well so I would like to know where you got them from as well please.

Regards,

Edited by TomTwin

WOW!

Look forward to seeing the CPU123's, look very detailed. It should look great once is it done..

CPU 123 are VERY boring I mean 7" in diameter and about a foot long. whats great about that! Why dont you buy some UK 1000LB paveway II bombs instead with the MAU 169 Guidance (thats the one fitted with the CPU 123 computer section, CPU means CP= computer & U=unit ) Oh but I forgot Those silly people at Paragon cant be bothered to label their bits correctly!

Sorry about the Rant but Paragon perpetuate this myth and it annoys me immensely!

Selwyn (The Typhoon LGB man )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
What colour have you painted the Paveway bombs, they look black in the photos?

Selwyn

Sorry I didn't back to you promptly - only came back to this post by accident!

These are actually a navy blue, though the camera doesn't show it. Blue - test/non-explosive round. I basically copied a photo I found somewhere.

Tomwin - these wheel's aren't weighted I'm afraid, though the sheer weight of the whole model might have warped the plastic enough to look like it! :)

I got the inner pylons direct from Flightpath I think. So long ago, I can't remember...sorry!

Edited by silverburn