Eurofighter 1:32 (Revell)

They're ok...but the amount of handling the model needs mean they get exposed to bumps and bashes...they're fitted very early in the build. And it's only a small post they're mounted with.

Oooh 100 posts for a WIP!!! woohoo! :D

Edited by silverburn

Decals were good, but the main issue as per previous posts was the black...it should be grey, not 100% "K". It makes the decals stand out too much compared to 1:1.

I do foresee a problem with the featureless wings in the weathering...in 1:1 they get grimy, but I'm not sure how best to replicate that in 1:32 - a simple MIG wash maybe? I may have to experiment.

Perhaps you'll want to give one of Phil Flory's 'light gray' or light dirt washes a test drive? Just a suggestion...as always experiment on a test model :)

-Awan

Perhaps you'll want to give one of Phil Flory's 'light gray' or light dirt washes a test drive? Just a suggestion...as always experiment on a test model :)

-Awan

Excellent idea...a gray wash might do the trick perfectly (and it'll save me having to make my own). ! I have white, dark dirt and black just now - both will be "too much" or "too little".

Excellent idea...a gray wash might do the trick perfectly (and it'll save me having to make my own). ! I have white, dark dirt and black just now - both will be "too much" or "too little".

And they come off easily with regular water I believe...so if you're not happy the first go-around, you can scrub it off (provided you lay it down over gloss coat) and start over. I believe you can mix them too...in case there's no out of the bottle match for a shade you want.

-Awan

Very nice Tiffie

Must find a way of smuggling this one past the wife :whistle:

Andy

Couldn't agree more Kit Smuggling is an art form in itself, but as SWMBO new about my Mossie Mania for years she knew that i'd never settle

for one kit when the 1/24th Mossie was announced, so the look on her face when I brazenly walked in with three was priceless!!

she never noticed the 2 Tamiya 1/32nd Spits that where in a single carrier bag that went into the stash........What do you mean love

"I bought these months ago"

BTW the Mossie Box is scary, i'm still at the oh! my! GOD! stage and havn't started one yet, mainly because i'm going to switch from enamels to acrylics

because of the smell during airbrushing, and I want to practice on some old half completed models to get the hang of using them..

I'll still use enamels for brush painting, but after stinking the house out whilst practicing with my new airbrush the other day the switch is a necessity

Regards Rob......

BTW the Mossie Box is scary, i'm still at the oh! my! GOD! stage and havn't started one yet, mainly because i'm going to switch from enamels to acrylics

because of the smell during airbrushing, and I want to practice on some old half completed models to get the hang of using them..

I'll still use enamels for brush painting, but after stinking the house out whilst practicing with my new airbrush the other day the switch is a necessity

Regards Rob......

LOL.... I have the same problem with the added "Do you have to spray those THINGS now" from my wife

A day of small updates, but I have actually started on the undercarriage now!

PS - Front under carriage is "bouncy" - you can move it up and down! How cool is that. Now if Revell would just sort the detail on the rear legs, we'll be in business.

Anyway, to today:

Refuel probe fitted:

web.jpg

Airbrake fitted:

web.jpg

Ladder test fitted (yes, I know I'm missing "no step" decals from the intake lips - I'll get that sorted). Door inner decal just red paint at the moment:

web.jpg

Rear "flappy thing" fitted. Join is re-enforced with a triangle of plastic. Bottom one only test fitted - don't want to put it on until she can stand on her own three....errr...wheels.

web.jpg

End of day pic:

web.jpg

Looking good, nice to see one built so quickly.

Dan

Might not last long though - I'm waiting for some weighted wheels and copper pipe for the hydraulics. It may all come to a grinding halt soon!

Though I suppose I could get started on the standalone engine I was supposed to start with at the beginning of the build! :)

It just gets better and better !

What camera are you using ? The resolution and detail is stunning...almost too good, showing "flaws" in the paint surface (NOT a critisism, - the human eye alone would never spot & I doubt I will ever get near this standard of paint quality !) but it almost gives microscope-like detail !

Beautiful job.

Looking great mate... how on earth do you get the tiny little decals to go on straight, then stay put while theyre still wet?

Nice and easy that one - float it into approximately the right position, then touch it (don't rub) with the corner of some loo or kitchen paper - that'll "suck" the excess water out and the decal down onto the lacquer. Just move it into final position use the point of scalpel.

The trick I learned (from the guys here on BM) is a good consistent coat of lacquer. Gloss. Even if the final coat will be matt (as it is here). Even if you only use a brush, the one coat that needs to be good is the lacquer coat.

Edited by silverburn

All seperate im afraid!

Sounds like they've repeated the 1/72 sheet which was the early form of stencils (at least for the RAF aircraft). In more recent times the wing on the RAF Tiffies has a grey walkway.

Nice build!

Nice work,

stunning looking model, almost making me regret changing back down to 1/48 now.

keep up the great work

Dave

Progress...

Still no sign of the copper pipe, so need to find something else to do...luckily the "pointy stuff" turned up! B)

2 x shadows in 1:32 (flightpath)

6 x CPU123's in 1:32 (again, fightpath)

Shadows built, primed and in their base colour (sea grey)...pity there's no decals with them though! Bit steep given the price... which means painting the lines by hand :( , and scavenging from old kits....hmmm.:S Main concern I think would be the weight on the feeble plastic undercarts; these baby's are properly heavy! (I'm not planning to load these btw - I figured the might go with the 1:32 Tornado, if I ever get round to it).

First pic includes 1:72 shadows for reference.

web.jpg

web.jpg

CPU's are still in progress, but looking promising! These are the ones going on the rig. Also no Decals...might be able to scavenge some.

web.jpg

web.jpg

See proposed loadout below. This will be the "passive" loadout - I'll do another with the litening in place of the central tank for a more "strike" based pose.

web.jpg

It's a fair ol' job putting this lot together it has to be said - taken me the best part of the day, on and off.

Progress...

2 x shadows in 1:32 (flightpath)

6 x CPU123's in 1:32 (again, fightpath)

Wow Mike, your powers of deduction are most impressive :whistle::fool:

Tiffie's looking good, keep it up :)