Eurofighter 1:32 (Revell)

More progress...

3. Wings on

And maximum kudos to you guys for the technique of attaching the intakes and the uppers first - it really does work! :worthy:. I had barely any filling at all to do, by the time the bottoms went on. However, a point to note - the wheelbays are *really* tight in there...others may wish to sand down a milimeter or so off the top, to ensure the wings go together ok.

I am guessing that you mean to attach the top piece of the wings to the Fuselage and intakes, then lowers to this, right? Does this technique apply to the 48 scale one too?

Edited by Irishgreek

I am guessing that you mean to attach the top piece of the wings to the Fuselage and intakes, then lowers to this, right? Does this technique apply to the 48 scale one too?

Yes, that's the way. It's not so important for the wing uppers, but it's definitely the best way to do the intakes.

It's basically 98% complete, and only missing the inner pylons and some decals for the CPU123 - which I can't seem to find aftermarket. I'll not bother explaining every detail (it's in the thread already), but I'll try and cover everything below. It should be noted the flightpath stuff was excellent, bar the decal issue.

I'm a little baffled, what "decals" were you expecting on the LGB's? I don't recall many (if any) markings on the bomb, maybe some on the laser seeker?

kgr1pway2load.jpg

4.jpg

I'm a little baffled, what "decals" were you expecting on the LGB's? I don't recall many (if any) markings on the bomb, maybe some on the laser seeker?

I thought there was some on the fin, and down beside the fuse. And there's the yellow ring. Mind you, these are excellent photo's showing minimal signage - I might not bother finding some now! A good find Mr Plumb...

Yep definitely liking your build! I agree with Al (Phatness) could do with a nice Flightpath detail set. David you listening? PLEEEEEASE!?

Other than that i'm, in for an 11 squadron bird to complete the Trio (lightning Tornado F3 and Typhoon) eventually.

Very nicely done sir!

Been following this allt he way through SB, you have done a great job with the model - well done.

I am a bit behind you and also a word to the others building this kit. If you are to display the aircraft with the airbrake down & fuel probe in, be prepared for lots of sanding, filling and dry fitting. I think out of the build so far, about 30% of my time (so far) has been on sanding and filling and I am at the painting stage!

great work mate!

one question as i don't know, should the display in the cokpit be blue when the engine is out or black?

Yes should be black, i have asked a Typhoon fairy and he has confirmed this to be true

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Just to say...I've not forgotten about this one!

And to prove it, here is the big happy family...an interesting snapshot view as my modelling progresses. So in order of completion:

1st: 1:48

I learned...

- Don't wash over matt!

- The sand and putty properly

- To use the right colours

- To weather properly

2: 1:144

I learned...

- 1:144 does not mean a fast build!

- you can't expect too much from 1:144

3: 1:72

I learned...

- NOT TO DROP THE THING ON THE KITCHEN FLOOR, SPRAYING SNAPPED PLASTIC EVERYWHERE :banghead::doh::suicide:

- less is more (weathering)

- some decals are tiny

4: 1:32

I've learned a lot by now! It's all in the thread...needless to say, the 1:32 is the best, bringing together everything I learned on the others.

Anyway...to the pics!

web.jpg

web.jpg

You.......uhhhhhhhh....Like Eurofighters.......you must!!!, cuz you do such a fantastic job at modeling them, and you latest is the work of a wizard :goodjob: .

Ok, engine started!

And I think someone's mentioned already - a bit of an anti-climax.

Here's today progress - just about completed, to Revell's standard and colours. But I recon there's some scratch building ahead to make it look more authentic. Exhaust piece suffers from the same woeful stuff as the one on the plane - Revell supply 2 identical sprues, so you get the same identical problems - witness the "lumpy" lines....

Nice idea Revell, but not convincingly implemented.

web.jpg

Still loads of "ancillary" bits to glue on, but will maybe look at the fire supression system (see page 1) to liven it up a bit.

Edited by silverburn

Blimey! Compare that to the Tamiya F-16 engine? (yeah I know, price and all that, but seriously!)

They must have released this with one eye on the superdetailing community.

Your stable of Typhoons looks really good though. Are you going to wait for the 1/18 version from BBI? :wicked:

Hi silverburn

I admire your adherance to the same plane .

NIce build.

Im about 40% through my one very time consuming until you get all the sub assemblies done

I notice that your colour for airframe is on the light side is this a chosen paint colour.

Whoever is saying that barley grey is the right colour for a typhoon is totally wrong ,the colour is far to dark to anything in the real world.

eagle

Edited by eagle

eagle

I do have pics but i am building it for scale modelling now so it would not be right to post them on here... Sorry

Just applied the wash tonight on the plane and it looks qiute nice now!

hi James

do you have any pics of your work so far

Eagle