Middeldrecht, DE

Ponti

Hi everyone, Well I've not posted on here for ages so I thought I'd show you all what I have been up to.

This is my first attempt at a proper layout, so please be kind. I bought a starter set last christmas and since then have changed my mind various times until I settled on this plan.

The layout is a smallish branchline through station with an endloader and over head gantry on the rear loop, and on the spur will be a small industry or similar.

The layout is 7' x 2' as that is all the space I had to play with. The two parrel tracks at the back will be my fiddleyard so will be hidden in time. The layout is portable so I can move it off the wall for normal operations.

Hope you like

Andrew

Sorry for the picture quality as they were taken quickly on my phone. I will take some better shot's as I go.

snc00184v.jpg

snc00182d.jpg

Edited by Ponti

I had to get my class 23 looked at and have now got it running again so that I could check all my wiring, and the good new was it all work :speak_cool:

The only problem I have is that when I was in the shop getting the loco repaired I accidently bought this pc151731.jpg

A trix 212 loco DCC installed. It runs great apart from over my double slip Fleishmann part no. 9184, can anyone suggest a cure :oops: It looks like it losses power as it hits the middle of the crossing where it looks like there is a plastic spacer.

Also here is a better shot of the main station area. The 23 is on what will be the fiddle yard behind a backscene. pc131726.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

Long time no update :rolleyes:

Well here is a quick 1. I have been busy with bit's and piece so I thought I would show you a couple of pictures.

I have laid some filler round the track in the area where there is going to be a factory/ goods warehouse to represent concrete.

Fitted the backscene and painted it to look like sky, couple of bits to finish on it including lining up the joint where the boards meet, still haven't quite worked that out yet. I need to hide it some how.

p2261785.jpg

p2261786.jpg

The other major area that I have been working on is starting the landscaping. For this I have been using florist's Oasis blocks. They are great, I've glued them with wood glue, let it dry then carved them with a junior hacksaw blade and then, to smooth out the cut marks and get a more natural look finished off with sandpaper. I've painted them with some leftover tester pots from decorating the house :speak_cool: If you do this make sure you have a vacum cleaner handy as it makes a terific mess :whistle: The paints still wet hences it's still glossy.

p2261787.jpg