Hucknall Airday 2009

perry

Went down to Hucknall aerodrome this summer, I suspected there was a bit of a flap on when I heard and saw a Hurricane fly over my house. Jumped in the car, 5 minutes later I was there watching these.

Turn your sound up loud, put your feet up and enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnxDQJFK1Fc&feature=email

and for you P51 fans......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsK16etNzx0&feature=email

Pezza

Hi Perry,

My Late Father used to work (here/there) when it was RR after he finished on Vulcan's (namely XM655) at RAF Cottesmore.

We lived near the town centre and I used to work/start my apprenticeship) at (what was then Dowty Mining Eq) just down the road.

Then spent many a lost hour at the 'Flying Bedstead' PH

Also saw The Blue Angels in the 70's with the F4 mount at the time.

It was really noisy and fab day, sadly scared the c**p out of many of the animals at the nearby zoo.

Quite a memory lane reminder Perry,

Cheers

Adrian

Hi Perry,

My Late Father used to work (here/there) when it was RR after he finished on Vulcan's (namely XM655) at RAF Cottesmore.

We lived near the town centre and I used to work/start my apprenticeship) at (what was then Dowty Mining Eq) just down the road.

Then spent many a lost hour at the 'Flying Bedstead' PH

Also saw The Blue Angels in the 70's with the F4 mount at the time.

It was really noisy and fab day, sadly scared the c**p out of many of the animals at the nearby zoo.

Quite a memory lane reminder Perry,

Cheers

Adrian

Adrian, I remember when the Blue Angels came to Hucknall, the Phantoms frightened the animals at Hucknall zoo so much , they ran into fences , many killing themselves, many having to be put down afterwards. I was there at the Hucknall airshow that day. :weep:

Pez

Edited by perry