Mikeew's modelling year in pictures

mikeew

I thought i'd start the ball rolling with my modelling output for the year.

I have been quite prolific this year after never normally managing to reach double figures!

First one finished for this year for me was the Revell 1/72 F-22 Raptor...

IMG_0180.jpg

Next one I build was the Revell 1/72 Junkers Ju290A-5 "Seeadler". Bit of a baptism of fire this one, as it was built to a deadline for Southern Expo and my first real go at freehand mottling.

Seeadler040.jpg

Third build was a quickie, just a bit of fun really to get more practice on this Luftwaffe lottling lark. revell 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109G-10 OOB

IMG_0226.jpg

Number four was a Tamiya 1/48 Douglas F4D Skyray which I built for the World Naval Forces GB over on BM.

IMG_0175.jpg

Next was a Blitzbau, built within a 24hr period for the GB over on UAMF forum AMT Speeder Bike

IMG_0113.jpg

Had fun n games with masking tape and blue paint for the sixth of the year. ICM 1/72 Heinkel He70

finished04.jpg

Nice short run build for SAM makes up number seven. Valom 1/72 Handley Page Hereford.

IMG_0123-1.jpg

The 8th build of the year was the Hasegawa 1/72 Bristol Beaufighter "Green Ghost" again review for SAM.

MW_BEAU_F011.jpg

Another review build for SAM was the ICM 1/72 Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 Nightfighter was No.9

MW_MESS_F022.jpg

Xtrakit's 1/72 Meteor T.Mk.7 fought me along the way for build number 10

CopyofIMG_0088.jpg

CopyofIMG_0090.jpg

I had a fun build with No.11 with a complete resin kit from Silver Cloud in the form of the 1/72 Avro 720 mixed power interceptor, a true "What if?"

CopyofIMG_0064.jpg

Anigrands Craftworks 1/72 resin kit of the ill-fated Lockheed AH-56 Cheyenne helicopter was No.12 of the year, this build was featured in the Dec issue of SAM magazine.

IMG_0083.jpg

I had a nother Blitzbau on the UAMF again with this Fujimi 1/72 F7U Cutlass, I managed to build it OOB in a little over 20hrs all in. Very impressive kit and an easy build too.Making #13

Cutlass030.jpg

Number 14 for this year was the Airfix 1/48 Spitfire mk.22. A true gem of a kit. I added the Quickboost engine cowl and exhausts correction set to it, otherwsie its box stock with decals from Eduard's release of the same kit. This was built for a GB on the UAMF too.

IMG_0007.jpg

Had a brand new kit to reviw for SAM next. Number 15 is the Airfix 1/72 BAe Hawk 120, built OOB including the rather complex decals!

CopyofMW_HAWK_F001.jpg

Next up I had a KUTA with the Revell release of the Hasegawa Phantom FGR.2. This kit had languished half finished for 2+yrs in my loft before I got my finger out and made (IMHO) a good job of it after I made a hash of some of the building.

IMG_0065.jpg

A golden oldie for my last build so far of the year. The FROG 1/96 Bristol Britannia, with Eastern Express decals. This was built for the Classic British Kits SIG display at Telford this year. (photo gratuitously pinched from Beany's thread)

FROG32.jpg

Edited by mikeew