Boeing 737-200

stringbag

depend how much money you have and how many daco kits your prepared to buy and sacrifice...

I don't have very much of the former, & two of the latter. But I don't intend to sacrifice either of them. I hope to use a non-destructive method to take a mould off the nose!

And I still have the pics of the AA 727 you e-mailed me when you mentioned it on the Yahoo Airliner Modelling Group, oh, a few years ago now....!!! Inspirational model that one!

Cheers

Keef

no not really but it's fair to compare how modern stuff has improved, or in the case of minicraft, not improved, over the years...

Minicraft have been a bit inconsistent with their products lately I must admit. The 757, 727 and 707 are not that special at all. However, their MD83 and DC-8 are some of the best airliner kits available.

Must get around to finishing off the DC-8 sometime soon as well.

Chris.

Minicraft have been a bit inconsistent with their products lately I must admit. The 757, 727 and 707 are not that special at all. However, their MD83 and DC-8 are some of the best airliner kits available.

Must get around to finishing off the DC-8 sometime soon as well.

Chris.

I concur, I have a part started 757 in the to finish pile, it has to be one of the most ill-fitting kits I've ever come across, I've also started a couple of their 733's and 734's and they're fine (just fill in the incorrectly positioned door outlines).

I've started the last remaining DC-8 that you left me, but haven't got far with it and I've yet to start any of my MD-80's but they do look sweet in the box, Might be tempted to finish a few of these for the group build if I'm allowed to enter a part built kit.

Yikes.jpg

:devil:

Brilliant!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

I'll send you the bits and pieces together with a set of Braz engines if you drop me a PM with your address. It is still buildable.

I hate to see grown men cry.

Chris.

Edited by stringbag

Thanks to Neil (Woody) I now have some decent P&W JT8D engines for the conversion.

These are from Accurate Airliners and are far superior to both the kit and Braz examples.

I have included the three options in the photograph for comparison.

SDC14616.jpg

SDC14617.jpg

I can now crack on with the wing alterations and see how they fit.

Thanks Neil. I owe you one :thumbsup:

Chris.

blimey. The Airfix ones look better than the Braz ones!

Any one know if authentic airliners has found a new caster yet?

You're right there Rich.

The Braz engines only correct the cross sectional errors but not the length error.

I've just noticed my error as well in that I have called it Accurate Airliners. Not sure if Authentic have sorted the casting issue out though.

I don't have very much of the former, & two of the latter. But I don't intend to sacrifice either of them. I hope to use a non-destructive method to take a mould off the nose!

And I still have the pics of the AA 727 you e-mailed me when you mentioned it on the Yahoo Airliner Modelling Group, oh, a few years ago now....!!! Inspirational model that one!

Cheers

Keef

oooh I do like it when somebody says something nice about one or more of my models footie_thumbs.gif

ty :)

non-destructive makes sense, tho' I really aimed my comment at those who are lucky enough to be able to hack up one kit to fix another - which is what some like to do, thats thier particular bag

• 3 weeks later...
blimey. The Airfix ones look better than the Braz ones!

Any one know if authentic airliners has found a new caster yet?

What a brilliant job you have done so far, Chris ! I have just started painting

my own B737-200. It's the Authenic Airliners kit (just perfect, and with a clear nose

and masks for the windows...) and it will be the pink cs of Zip air of Canada.

Kurt just anounced on the Airliner Cafe that his two new kits, Bac 1.11-500 and

CL-200 is with the new company for casting. If it works out well, the prices will

be reduced mutch from his earlier prices, and that is REALLY good news.

Happy modelling,

Ruben Husberg

www.lndecals.com

Edited by rhusberg

What a brilliant job you have done so far, Chris ! I have just started painting

my B737-200. It's the Authenic Airliners kit (just perfect, and with a clear nose

and masks for the windows...) and it will be the pink cs of Zip air of Canada.

Kurt just anounced on the Airliner Cafe that his two new kits, Bac 1.11-500 and

CL-200 is with the new company for casting. If it works out well, the prices will

be reduced mutch from his earlier prices, and that is REALLY good news.

Happy modelling,

Ruben Husberg

www.lndecals.com

Hi Ruben. Good to hear from you.

Thanks for the comments.

Have you heard anything from Jesse lately? He hasn.t been here for ages and I was wondering if he was ok.

Regards.

Chris.

Hi Ruben. Good to hear from you.

Thanks for the comments.

Have you heard anything from Jesse lately? He hasn.t been here for ages and I was wondering if he was ok.

Regards.

Chris.

Hi Chris,

No, I have not hear from him. He is probably just busy with everything else, as many

of us are..... My selv, I did not finish any models the last 8 months of 2009. Hopefully

that will chance in 2010. As I wrote, I have the B737-200 in the paintshop, and she has

company with a Zvesta TU-154M that will be in Cubana cs. I have also started a Revell

(Zvesta) MIL-26 that of course will be civil. I have the marvelous Begemont decal for

this monster, but have not decided whitch livery I will go for.

Happy modelling,

Ruben

Edited by rhusberg

well this is fine, but we need some PICTURES

Come on Chris, get the camara out!

Yes Boss!!!!!!!!

Hoping to do a bit this evening, but my neighbours,bless'em, are constantly asking for help with various things.

Chris, my central heating has packed up or Chris, I can't start the car.

Think I'll move to the Outer Hebrides.

Chris.

Hi Chris,

No, I have not hear from him. He is probably just busy with everything else, as many

of us are..... My selv, I did not finish any models the last 8 months of 2009. Hopefully

that will chance in 2010. As I wrote, I have the B737-200 in the paintshop, and she has

company with a Zvesta TU-154M that will be in Cubana cs. I have also started a Revell

(Zvesta) MIL-26 that of course will be civil. I have the marvelous Begemont decal for

this monster, but have not decided whitch livery I will go for.

Happy modelling,

Ruben

Thanks Ruben. I'll see if I can find an e-mail address for Jesse.

Good luck with the 737 and Tu-154.

Chris.

Yes Boss!!!!!!!!

Hoping to do a bit this evening, but my neighbours,bless'em, are constantly asking for help with various things.

Chris.

You will have neighbours asking for boiler help there !!!!

Yes Boss!!!!!!!!

Chris.

I'll print you a sign & laminate it Chris - something along the lines of "f*** off, I'm busy doing some modelling". :wicked:

Good spottet Kevin :-), yes the painting could be a painful

experience. But after I got my Iwata, most of the pain has gone...

Happy modelling,

Ruben

I'm always spottet things.....I'm observtant about ypos.....