Vash the Stampede

Paul B

Vash the Stampede (1/6 GK resin kit from E2046.com) from the Trigun Manga/Anime. Mostly man, part machine and not entirly human. He's a bit of an enigma in that he's a gun toting pacifist...

This is to be my entry into the figure category of the E2046 Winter Contest '07

Hmm... detailed build notes...

v_2.jpg

The bits layed bare...

v_1.jpg

Paul :D

Edited by Paul B

made a start on cleaning up the kit and fitting/glueing some of the coat together. Some areas need to be heated and re-shaped for a better fit, but it's got some lovely detailing :D

v_3.jpg

v_4.jpg

v_5.jpg

Just how big is it!?

v_6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This is sat to one side for the moment. I got a new motorbike last week and I've been fitting engine bars, pannier racks, sat nav and fog lights to it. Plus I'm working on a kit that I'll be giving away as a prize on another site :D

I'm hoping to be back working on this by the weekend...

• 4 weeks later...

Ahhh, not touched it in a few weeks and the comp' dead line is looming :panic: I'm currently working on a Wave 1/24 Tachikoma & Major which is coming along nicley. Should have that completed mid week and be back onto this one real soon :D

Edited by Paul B

I've just given the kit a final wet sand and have blu-tacked everything down ready for its first coat of primer :D I've got until the 30th November to get his one finished.

Nearly finished the 1:24 Tachikoma kit, just the figure to paint now. I couldn't bear to have the 1:24 Yamaha M1 just sitting there, so made a start on that one also :D

Stop teasin Paul, bring on the piccies :please: .

John.

Primed everthing during the week and sanded, filled & sanded again. 90% of the kit needs a final coat of primer, but thought I'd have a go at a single piece of his bulit hole riddled leather jacket...

v_7.jpg

-- Matt black pre-shade

-- Gloss red (3 thin coats)

-- Matt black on edges & buttons

-- Alclad pale gold on edges & chrome on buttons

-- Alclad jet exhaust around bullit holes etc. & touch-up shading

Edited by Paul B

Made a start on the next bit of the jacket, built up the kit to show it in its correct placement.

v_8.jpg

v_9.jpg

It's not completed as the gold & chrome trim need ptting on and the back needs spraying bown. It seems a little to gloss for my likeing so I'll seal it with a coat of satin varnish...

Edited by Paul B

That is a stunning paint job there Paul, I dont know if I'd dull it down myself. It looks like leather! I haven't seen Trigun yet but that looks like a fantastic kit and judging by the rest of your stuff on the sci fi and figure sections it'll be excellent as always. :thumbsup:

I've never tried one of these large scale figures, always wanted to but me and airbrushes don't seem to get on too well!

Regards

Paul Harrison

PS what happened to your Catbus avatar?

:D Still got the Catbus, but thought I'd go with this new one for a while - used simpsonizeme.com to make a pic of me and added the Aprilia Pegaso Trail to the back ground - Me and my bike.

I love making these larger kits, more room to make mistakes :)TBH I've only read two of the Trigun Maximum (second series) mangas but know of Vash and fell in love with the detailing on this kit. I've got four weeks to finish this off and get it submitted into the e2046.com winter comp'. Looking at past entries, compation will be fearce... I've got six (maybe seven) big figures on back order with e2046, and three with HLJ.

Counting my kits, this is the 13th one since I started modelling in April.

Edited by Paul B

Glad to hear the Catbus Isn't dead!

I've been doing models for about 35 years and I couldn't get half as good as you mate!

I thought your builds were stunning but as you've only been doing this since April you've been upgraded to bloody amazing! :thumbsup:

Got to go now as Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig has just started on Anime Central. Keep up the good work!

Paul Harrison

GitS SAC 2nd gig is v.good, picked up Solid State Society just after its release over here, another good'n :D

More work done... actualy done more than what's been photographed.

v_10.jpg

v_11.jpg

v_12.jpg

might get it finished in another week or two :)

Ooo... one of the pieces was a bit deformed so I cut it off and had a go at makeing a replacement using milliput (hate the stuff). It was ok (the bit on the ruler) but not quite there... Messing about with some Super Sculpy Firm tonight and thought to give it another go, my second attempt is a touch better.

v_13.jpg

Edited by Paul B

Am about half-way done with the legs and they're comming along nicely.

Matt black shading, a couple of misted coats of Alclad jet exhaust, sprayed over with matt varnish. Hand painted brown & over sprayed with jet exhaust. Buckles on leather straps painted with Alclad chrome.

v_14.jpg

v_15.jpg

v_16.jpg

v_17.jpg

Just the rest of the bandings around his legs to paint, but thats a job for tomorrow :D

Excellent work Paul

Not somthing I would atempt (to chicken and already to much in my stash!) but it looks really good

I used to be an avid 2000AD fan, I rember buying and reading the first one when it came out (if only I had kept it!) but havn't come across Vash before, I have a look see what I can find.

Keep it up

Paul, looking good and not something Id dream of tackling myself, so I take my hat off to you for this chappie. :speak_cool:

Silly comment time :evil_laugh: With those glasses of his, give him dark hair and youve got one seriously "Well Ard" Harry Potter

All the best

Bex

The detail on these parts looks excellent Paul, who produces the kit and did your super sculpey piece turn out to be usable, it looked great in the photo?

Terrific paint job too, hope you win the e2046.com compettition. I was over at UK anime news awhile ago and noticed you've got one my favourite characters (Mihoshi the accident prone Galactic Cop from Tenchi Muyo) in your to do pile. I'm getting closer to shelling out some cash for one of these kits but the biggest figs I've done are 1/35th scale.

Paul Harrison

:D I was thinking about that Mihoshi kit myself today and how I would like to try out a different way of painting the flesh colour. I've seen clear paint used to v.good effect and want to give it a go... Paul, the bit of super scuply tured out fine and fits in well with the rest of the Vash kit, the kit it self is from those nice people at e2046. Give the large figures a go, if you can manage 1/35 then 1/8 or 1/6 should be easy to handle in comparison.

mihoshi.jpg

Prommised Paul at Anime UK I'd have this one finished by early November as a competition price, but I've been getting carried away with the Vash kit and have slipped behind a bit :(

koma1.jpg

Just sent stuff:

Alita - Battle Angle Alita (Gunum)

Armered Suit - Gits SAC SSS

Newly ordered Anime Figures:

Yomiko Readman, aka "The Paper" - R.O.D.

Noriko Takaya - Gunbuster

HLJ:

1/35 MG Patlabour

1/72 Jigabatchi with Tachikoma

Edited by Paul B

what's not done

v_22.jpg

Quick update:

just spoted a small mistake in the pic above - painted the piping on the smallest section of jacket Gold instead of Silver :doh: rectified my mistake. also at the half way point with the left arm, right hand & gun, the two straps and the glasses. Finished the ribbing and attached them to the legs, which just leaves the head to make a start on, oh and a base :D