1/48 US Navy MD-3 Deck Tractor

mikeew

Hello Everyone!

I've just procured this little beauty from Luckymodel.com (great service BTW :clap: )

Never heard of the company before, Skunkmodels Workshop, but it looks good and excellent value for money too. It cost me all of £10.15 inc P+P from Hong Kong.

In the box you get TWO deck tractor kits and three figures. One figure is seated to be driver and the others are animated, one walking and the other holding a wheel chock(two supplied) also included are a hydraulic hose which is probably best put in the waste bin, and a couple of tow bars. All in all a very complete package with a superbly printed decal sheet.

Box shot:

Hawkeye010.jpg

Two of these sprues are included:

Hawkeye011.jpg

The figures, in full deck handling gear:

Hawkeye012.jpg

And the decals sheet, two of which are supplied:

Hawkeye013.jpg

It looks as though it should throw together in a matter of minutes after I had a dry fit of the parts. I'll update on progress as and when .

Edited by mikeew

• 2 weeks later...

This assembled in a matter of minutes and required only minimal clean up along the seams, in fact it is very well thought out in terms of where the seams are.

I sprayed the white using in Gunze H21 Off White flattened with Tamiya flat Base as its a Gloss paint, I then masked off the upper parts that would be black and sprayed this Gunze H12 Flat Black, the wheels are Off White and Tire Black.

I have modified the drivers arms so they reach the steering wheel which I also modified by adding a length of copper wire replacing the kit shaft which allows the driver to actually REACH the steering wheel!. The arms needed some filler and look better positioned too, the head I will leave off and paint separately.

It has been lightly Klear'd in readiness for decals. I'll weather it and chip it in situ after decalling.

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0059-1.jpg

Just to confuse the thread and add another Mike to the mix, I've got one of these and a missile trolley on the way from the very same location - always good service! :thumbsup: