1:350 WEM Fairmile D MTB

Hi all,

this is my first completed model of something other than an Aircraft. It's built straight out of the box, the completed build thread will be on www.ScaleModellingNow.com for those that are interested. What i'd like is some advice on how i can improve at this whole 'Maritime' modelling.

Cheers for looking

Mat

P1000281.jpg

P1000280.jpg

P1000272.jpg

P1000273.jpg

Edited by Hurricane363

• 3 weeks later...

Really nice model!

I suppose what looks like unfilled moulding seams on top of the torpedo tubes are 'features', not 'bugs'?

The rust streaks look a bit 'painted on' to my eyes – maybe a bit too much contrast and not enough feathered into the basic paintwork to look quite realistic?

Otherwise really nice work! :clap:

Merry Xmas! :beer:

Joachim

Really nice model!

I suppose what looks like unfilled moulding seams on top of the torpedo tubes are 'features', not 'bugs'?

It's paint, the destructions call for the blue to be painted on top of the torpedo tubes, and my photo skills leave a lot to be desired..

The rust streaks look a bit 'painted on' to my eyes – maybe a bit too much contrast and not enough feathered into the basic paintwork to look quite realistic?

Otherwise really nice work! :clap:

Merry Xmas! :beer:

Joachim

As soon as i get home i'll do a bit of playing around with the weathering to see if i can come up with anything better. Thanks for pointing that out for me, sometimes you just need another pair of eyes.

Cheers,

Mat

• 3 weeks later...

Very nicely done. I did a radio-controlled one of these in 1/24 scale some years ago (with all four props powered!). I agree it would be an idea for Airfix or Revell to do some Fairmiles in 1/72. The A & C were often used for mundane as well as clandestine work, the B was a maid of all work, the D was a touch more glamorous and the HDML was ubiquitous. Unfortunately there is a bias towards the Nazis when it comes to WW2 models (across the board, in military, marine, aviation and figure modelling).

Happy modelling,

Mike

Edited by Mike W