F-4F Phantom II - JG74 "Mölders"

Hi there :spudniksmurf:

Long time reader of this forum and now I thought it is time to say "hello" :)

My name is Dominik and I'm from Germany. I mostly build 1:32 jet aircrafts but not solely.

Here is my rendition of Revells 1:32 F-4F Phantom kit. I build it mostly out of box with no improvements on the kit except of some harness improvements on the kit seats made from Tamiya tape.

I now know that the Revell kit has some minor shape errors I will have to correct on my next Phantom :)

This Phantom was build nearly 4 years ago and it was also the first one I tried to do some panel wash and weathering. So on some pics you can see that I nearly ruined some decals as the oilwash was getting beneath the decals. But as you all might know, we sometimes have to learn it the hard way ;)

I used Xtracolors enamel for the camouflage and kit decals to present this particular Phantom. The red panels are some kind of "what if" as I didn't find any pics of "38+28" ever wearing those. But I like the look of it :)

On with the pics...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Thanks for looking :blush:

Very nice Dondy!

The Revell Phantoms are very underrated in my humble opinion. Where the decals sealed with varnish before you applied the oil paint? Looks like it's softened/eaten into the surface of some of the decals - but that doesn't detract from a superb model.

Welcome aboard :)

Iain

That is one beautiful looking Phantom and welcome. This is my most favorite aircraft of all time and you have done a superb job, particulary the cockpit area. Very well done.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Des.

Thank you all for your kind words :)

The Revell Phantoms are very underrated in my humble opinion. Where the decals sealed with varnish before you applied the oil paint? Looks like it's softened/eaten into the surface of some of the decals - but that doesn't detract from a superb model.

Yes the decals were coated with future. But maybe the paint beneath was to rough or uneven. I think the decals look a lot better on my next two projects :D

Imgp3135.jpg

Imgp4593_klein.jpg