Going thru my photoalbum part II

Repainted

Hi Guys

Here are some pics of the builds that’s been stalled for some time. Don´t know why so can’t explain that for you guys. I’ll never can be sure of the model have lost my interest or if it’s just stalled out for sometime. Maybe it’s like that glass of wine in my hand It’s looking tasty, but when I really got in my hand late Friday night Its always never that sweet. The wine makes me sleepy and nothing will be done that evening.

Here they are

Eduards Albatross Dv in 48.scale. An build I´m started up years ago, and still don´t have to get some time to put the final peices in place.

JMPRJQGPFQPPH8.jpg

Next one up is the Eduard sopwith Camel 2F1. A fine kit, but had to put out of my building space for a internet contest.This is the price I´ve got for getting in a contest. another unfinished model. It will be build one day, I´ll hope.

JMQPRQKOHMPQJ8.jpg

JMQRMPLRGSCML4.jpg

The third on is a Roden 1½ Strutter in comic shape. Started up really sharp on this one, but when I realized that the engine is just a blob I started to look at for a new engine and haven´t to this day find any vector engines. So My guess is that I´ll have to take one out from an Eduard kit. The etch are Parts and it´s alot of plasticard in this one. Hopefully I´ll get restarted on this one.

JNIOCOKRCNHMF8.jpg

The fourth one is Rodens Felixstowe in 72-scale, not my choice in scale, but the only horse for decent money. Etch from parts and a lot of work to be done if this one will get to the shelf of completed builds.All is filled , sanded, primed and preshaded so it´s just to pic up the build again.

JNGOPOLMHOLOK0.jpg

JNGQNOCQHNERP8.jpg

Then there is two 32-scale build that hanging around on the bench waiting for some new bits and glue.

First Rodens Big Albatros DIII, lots of work has been done on this and its fun to se this kit being build on other sites from different builder. This one have a new seat wired engine, etch from Eduards is to go in the build and Spadas decals is in the box.

JNCQLNMNLORNG0.jpg

JNDOIOIMERCPN0.jpg

JNDMQOLNENKRN8.jpg

The second one is Hobbycraft/Academy Nieuport 17. Loads of work on this one, new seat and inner structure. stick and tank in place, it’s just to add the small parts and pieces. Etch from Tom´s Modelworks and decals from Spada will get this one to fly some day. The pics can tell you more than me

JNINLNIOKREQQ0.jpg

JNINLNLQHMCQI8.jpg

JNIOENQRLPFRL8.jpg

Somy friends

What do you have for stalled one´s?

Cheers Lars Q

Edited by Repainted

Can you tell me what brand of wine

any brand will do the trick mate :analintruder: as long you don´t do to much!!then the sleepyness will come to you.

Thanks for the comments, The sorry bit is these just waiting for some time in the sun,for the moment I´ll work on the big Albatros. Will send in Pics later when I got some photos of the progres.

Lars Q

Painting woodgrains, any tips.

Nop, not exactly just practise, practise.

Something to paint on

I use an old brush number 0 will do the job.

Oilpaint for the wood

Humbrolpaints for the basecolour.

White spirit or similar

Here it goes. For start paint a semigloss light brown basecolour. I prefer the semigloss paint. The oil will not get that stick to the Humbrol as if it was flat colour. So just mix Humbrol clear to what brown you want to use. Ratio 50%-50%.

Spray the basecolour and let it dry complete. Now’s the time for the oils to go on. Mix what colour you choose and thin them with some white spirit or what ever is your brand. The consistence will be like cream.

Brush the paint from one side to the next side in even strokes. You won’t need much of paint, the oil will have some difficulties to stick on the semigloss surface. Now wipe of the excess paint from the brush, now is the time for some grains to come to you. After each stroke with the brush you wipe of the excess from the brush and working your way down on the part that will have the grain. You have plenty of time to work and practise on the wet oil.

When you are satisfied with the grain let dry for two days, then you will have a flat surface. Now’s the time to chose the clear you will use, Gloss or semigloss.

So practise and good luck

Lars Q

Many thanks for the tips Lars, I was doing a similar thing, but using an acrylic base, and I never wiped the brush when moving the oils around.

I just bought a Eduard Camel 2F1, time for some practice I think.

Russ