* Ka-50 sh & Ka-52

Stebos

As the Mi-10 might not make the end (or possibly the bin!) I knew I'd have to finish at least something... so from the 'doable' pile I'm doing this pair.

ka50box.jpg

ka52box.jpg

The only real difference is in the front office so probably best to keep them in the same thread.

ka50_52%20sprues.jpg

I have a set of Begemot decals to expand options, still not entirely sure on what schemes to go for.

The Ka-50 will be in camo (either the earlier 3 tone brown or the more recent 2 tone green) and the Kas-52 will likely be in the early black. I'd have liked to do the 2 tone grey that 061 Yellow comes in, but don't have a number 6 on the decal sheet.

If anyone knows a source of russian heli serial number decals I'd be very interested. The thin black outline makes it too tricky to cut out a simple mask.

• 2 weeks later...

First round of progress... the cockpits!

Single seater first... no panel decals are provided so it's the usual drybrushing and poking tiny specks of paint about.

ka50pit1.jpg

ka50pit2.jpg

Both pits are in black so nice and simple to do.

ka52pit1.jpg

ka52pit2.jpg

Crude belts via some painted tamiya tape, I don't usually seek to do more at this scale.

I hope the fit is reasonable as things progress, the plastic used doesn't handle sanding very well at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update on these:

ka50_1.jpg

Mostly detail parts left to do, after a round of filling here and there. Fit is reasonable I'd say.

ka52_1.jpg

you have to fit the rotor hubs early if you want them to rotate... after fitting one I left the other off as I think it might interfere too much with the painting, especially on a camo scheme...

Making these the priority after the TB-3 is out of the way!