* CH46-E US Marines Bull Frog: FINISHED

gcn

My effort at the GB is the rather large CH46-E.

I will do a simple diorama based around sand as I have a couple of photo frames left lying around

Box and sprues are about as far as I've got so far. There appears to be a number of sink marks which is frustrating but overall it looks good.

Box.jpg

sprues.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Progress has been slow but ongoing due to the cold weather hampering my ability to paint in the garage successfully. Hopefully by the weekend I should have the interior completed and ready for the photo booth, the rotors done and the fuselage ready to be buttoned up.

I think the diorama idea has gone south due to the extended time taken to get this far plus the fact the Ferrari GB has started and the WWI is due to start as the end of the month and i've committed to both.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate taking photos I really do. Anyway photos of the interior with a few bits n pieces added paiinted with Gunze.

I'm ahead of this step by quite some way with the fuelage all buttoned up, all seams sorted and a coat of primer on. Hopefully by the weekend i'll have most of the external coats complete and a further update.

PICT2803.jpg

PICT2804.jpg

PICT2807.jpg

By the end of the month i'll be on the cusp of taking part in 4 GB's so I need to motor on this

• 2 weeks later...

Outside done apart from decals, panel line washes and a coat of buff to tie the decals in.

Tamiya medium grey was used for the ... medium grey suggested but the instructions list a grey with a blue hue whereas this one is more green so I wasn't overly happy with the end result. It was masked first then the mask was removed and I freehanded the edge to get the soft edge. On reflection I should have freehanded the thing from the start and saved myself some bother.

I then cut a mask from the decals to paint the black and softened slightly with a thin grey.

PICT2808.jpg

PICT2809.jpg

PICT2810.jpg

PICT2811.jpg

PICT2812.jpg

onto the sub assemblies if my ab doesn't pack up before then.

Thanks Daz, appreciated

glossed up and decals on. I could have spent several days putting hundreds of tiny decals on but life is too short plus they\re Academy decals and they're thicker than they are wider so I think they would detact rather than enhance. Well thats my story. I thought i'd use future as my setting agent and bar a couple of wobbles exacerbated by my impatience they went on rather well.

Next up i'll try for the first time Vallejo Matt and then a coat of buff to tone the decals down and its finishing touches and final sub assemblies. Probably a week left in this one

PICT2826.jpg

PICT2828.jpg

PICT2830-1.jpg

PICT2831.jpg

PICT2832.jpg

• 4 weeks later...