OzH

• 4 weeks later...
Good start and an intresting subject

Which one are you going to build?

Red one

or

Blue one

I'm going for the Blue one...

Made some progess over the last few days, the cabin and cockpit are done, ready to be installed

I managed to get a couple of shots of the interior (thanks Simon) had to modify and then add the cabin seats.

I used the eduard seatbelts, painted them black then a quick skim with a file got the buckles looking good, the downside is eduard give you belts for 6 seats, I used plain black brass strips and spread the "good" ones out (just noticed one is missing, have to replace that!)

Picture807-3.jpg

Picture808-1.jpg

Picture809-3.jpg

Also got the Royal Navy doors comleted with glazing installed, not that easy, but looks ok to me!

Picture810-2.jpg

Ready to get the sides together, then start on the exterior....

Well, she's ready for painting, I've fitted the exterior details, door handles, hinges, doppler and other antenna's and some mesh engine intake covers

Picture844.jpg

Picture845.jpg

Picture846.jpg

Also got some work done on the rotor's, head and undercarriage.

The rotor's themselves are the loon replacements. The kit rotors are flat in cross section for some reason; the loon jobbies have an aerodynamic cross section, the black details are from the Eduard set.

Picture842.jpg

Picture843.jpg

All ready for undercoating:

Picture840.jpg

Result!

Have to agree with Erwin there, a very nice sheen to your paintwork. Silver undercoat? I've come across past builds where silver is allowed to shine through just slightly to deepen the gloss.