TSR 2 Airfix 1/48 Scale

Martian

101_2384.jpg

101_2385.jpg

I'm still totally amazed by your work. Looking forward to stating mine, once I've cleared my desk of the XB-70 and YF-12.... :wall:

Just one point tho, and it's nothing to do with your build, but surely those are exhausts or vents not intakes?? lol :rolleyes:

Hi Martin. Been following this thread for a while. I am in awe of the work you've done so far. Can't wait for the next installment.

Chris

Thanks, next installment postponed due to contracting Norovirus at work. :toilet::sick::puke:

They probably are vents but I have seen them refferred to as exhausts.

Martin von Felling Very Sorry For Himself

Thanks, next installment postponed due to contracting Norovirus at work. :toilet::sick::puke:

They probably are vents but I have seen them refferred to as exhausts.

Oh, you were talking about the model........................

Thanks for the good wishes and words of "encouragement" guys (Tim, aka Fishbed, wait 'till I get my hands on you!) . Things are a little better now, at least I am off the bog! and I don't think I am delerious anymore, though Gill says the jury is still out on that one! I still keep running a temperature and ache quite litterally from head to toe, so modelling is a little way off yet. Perhaps the fact that I am getting bored is a good sign? Seriously though, I can see how this thing can be very serious in a hospital situation where people are weak in the first place.

Martin

Edited by martin hale

Thanks for the good wishes and words of "encouragement" guys (Tim, aka Fishbed, wait 'till I get my hands on you!) . Things are a little better now, at least I am off the bog! and I don't think I am delerious anymore, though Gill says the jury is still out on that one! I still keep running a temperature and ache quite litterally from head to toe, so modelling is a little way off yet. Perhaps the fact that I am getting bored is a good sign? Seriously though, I can see how this thing can be very serious in a hospital situation where people are weak in the first place.

Martin

Yeah, I had it too. I'm a fit cyclist, and normally healthy; cold were rare and light, and basically ailment free for years. Then this thing wiped me out. You know all the symptoms already, but the one that struck me most was the utter fatigue; I slept for 18 hours a day, and could barely climb stairs when actually awake!

Don't worry - it passes, and you'll be right as rain soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Martin

Hope your feeling better, missing your regular updates

All the best

Roger

Thanks Roger, this thing has left me totally wiped out for the last couple of weeks. I did feel up to doing a bit on the build yesterday and should hopefully have some progress to report by tomorrow. I have carried on with the plan to get the cockpits finished, its then on to finishing the exterior of the airframe and getting her ready for painting and decaling.

Martin

Well, as the title says its not much but I have managed to get the throttle box built; the first work onthe model I have been able to manage for nearly three weeks. I never realised a bug could be so debilitating after the symptoms have finished. Even this tiny assembly has worn me out. The picture is not very good, a result, I suspect of the part being smaller than my current camera can cope with; even on close up. At least things are moving again. At least the hiatus has given me chance to decide on my next long term project. The Kinetic 1/48 Tracker will be getting the works.

Thanks for looking

Martin

101_2394.jpg