De havilland Devon/Dove

kev67

Hi

I need help and assistance on my latest project that I am doing. I am currently building the Rareplanes Vacform 1/72 DH Devon in the 207 sqd markings with the white and grey scheme with the blue cheat line, similar to the one at the Cosford museum. My question is what is the colour of the passenger interior, floor ceilings seats etc, if anyone has photos of this would be much appreciated.

Edited by kev67

Hello Kev,

I too made a 207 Sqn Devon earlier this year but mine was based on the Magna resin kit. There's a few pix of her here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...98&hl=devon

On Airliners net there are several shots of the Cosford bird VP952 which appear to show a mid grey cabin and passenger seats. I've also seen a photo with RAF blue seat cushions.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Air/De...82ecf76cd9d135b

Hope this is useful and good luck with your Devon!

Mark

If you get no joy, Ill have a look when I go to cosford next for you

As Cosford is to far for me, do they allow people to take photos up close, my biggest problem is finding photos that show good detail , as mentioned to kev1n that googling is not always the best solution thats why I am using this forum. The photos that I need are good photos that show the wheel wells.

Hello Kev,

I too made a 207 Sqn Devon earlier this year but mine was based on the Magna resin kit. There's a few pix of her here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...98&hl=devon

On Airliners net there are several shots of the Cosford bird VP952 which appear to show a mid grey cabin and passenger seats. I've also seen a photo with RAF blue seat cushions.

Hope this is useful and good luck with your Devon!

Mark

Hi I have millions and millions of photos of static Devons and Doves, biggest problem is finding up close and detailed.

Hi

I need help and assistance on my latest project that I am doing. I am currently building the Rareplanes Vacform 1/72 DH Devon in the 207 sqd markings with the white and grey scheme with the blue cheat line, similar to the one at the Cosford museum. My question is what is the colour of the passenger interior, floor ceilings seats etc, if anyone has photos of this would be much appreciated.

I flew in the second dickies seat in the Cosford Devon out of Upavon c1963 and I seem to remember the interior upholstery was grey/blue.

John

I was stationed on DTVAS (Devon, Training & Visiting Aircraft Section) at RAF Wyton during the late 70's and we operated three Devon C.2's as part of the 207Sqn detachment.

WB533, WB534 both had light grey interiors with light grey carpetting and seats, as per the Cosford beast.

VP958, if I remember rightly, had the light grey interior and carpetting but blue leatherette seats.

Hope this helps

XV Tonker :pilot:

I was stationed on DTVAS (Devon, Training & Visiting Aircraft Section) at RAF Wyton during the late 70's and we operated three Devon C.2's as part of the 207Sqn detachment.

WB533, WB534 both had light grey interiors with light grey carpetting and seats, as per the Cosford beast.

VP958, if I remember rightly, had the light grey interior and carpetting but blue leatherette seats.

Hope this helps

XV Tonker :pilot:

Cheers for your reply I have seen some photos with rusty red seats but was unsure which aircraft this was from

They are not too keen on you getting too close. As I found out last week!

Going slightly off topic here, but I know the feeling!. I got told off by some "jobsworth" at Duxford when I had my head stuck up the nose wheel well of the Comet C2 taking detail photos (before they decided to break the Comet up). Didn't stop me though, I still try and get the real "up close" shots that are useful in modelling, much to Mrs Young's horror when she sees another 100 pictures of wheel wells, intakes and wing folds!!

Afraid I don't have any pics of a Devon though, but I did have a brilliant ride out from Biggin Hill in a Dove about 30 years ago. I can't really recall what the interior was like, my nose was pressed up against the perspex all the time!!

Cheers, Andy

Hi

I have a fair few interior and detail shots of Doves and Devons as I made some models of the same for Flight Simulator.....probably too much to post but let me know what you need and I'll try and help out if I can.

Cheers, Derek

I have a fair few interior and detail shots of Doves and Devons as I made some models of the same for Flight Simulator.....probably too much to post but let me know what you need and I'll try and help out if I can.

Cheers, Derek

Hi

Are these actual photos of the aircraft or 3D images

Hi, walkaround and interior photos, quite a lot from this one:

Devon

Cheers, Derek

Bloody Hell,Del Parmer!!!!.

Good to see you on here my friend.

Gents,this fellow is one of the finest Fs modellers around.

His kites are a joy to look at and just as good to "fly"

Mark

This is as far as I have got, I have shown a comparison in size of the 1/72 A320 and DH Devon, the Airbus is going to be big when finished and I can't wait to start it, but it will have to wait until I have finished the Dove/Devon4162759627_d94dc9dcc6_b.jpg

Edited by kev67

Hi, check your messages

Cheers, Derek

Thank you very very very much, they are what I am looking for especially the wheel wells underneath, now I can really start to put detail in, I may have to ask you some questions along the way though if you don't mind

Best Regards

Kev

Going slightly off topic here, but I know the feeling!. I got told off by some "jobsworth" at Duxford when I had my head stuck up the nose wheel well of the Comet C2 taking detail photos (before they decided to break the Comet up). Didn't stop me though, I still try and get the real "up close" shots that are useful in modelling, much to Mrs Young's horror when she sees another 100 pictures of wheel wells, intakes and wing folds!!

Cheers, Andy

I know. im trying to do good walk arounds of most of the aircraft so i do a couple each visit!

Thank you very very very much, they are what I am looking for especially the wheel wells underneath, now I can really start to put detail in, I may have to ask you some questions along the way though if you don't mind

Best Regards

Kev

Hi Kev,

No worries, if I've got the info you need I'll be happy to pass it on.

I think I need to keep a look-out for the Rareplanes kit myself.....

Cheers,

Derek

Hi Kev,

No worries, if I've got the info you need I'll be happy to pass it on.

I think I need to keep a look-out for the Rareplanes kit myself.....

Cheers,

Derek

There is a couple of questions, firstly have you any photos of the passenger seats as I would like to know how the are attached to the floor, also the rear cabin bulkhead is this flush to the rear passenger door or is it set back a bit as seen in photo P1010131.

Now that I have seen the engine I am thinking should I scratch build one engine, its very tempting

There is a couple of questions, firstly have you any photos of the passenger seats as I would like to know how the are attached to the floor, also the rear cabin bulkhead is this flush to the rear passenger door or is it set back a bit as seen in photo P1010131.

Now that I have seen the engine I am thinking should I scratch build one engine, its very tempting

Not the best but a Dove seat.

img109.jpg

Copyofimg110.jpg

Edited by John Aero

Hi Kev,

The seat supports are shown in the files I sent you, I'm afraid I haven't get any photos:

1.jpg

2.jpg

The frames have no rear supports to allow for leg-room. Note that the second row of seats sit on the main spar so the supports are different, John's photo in his previous post shows that very nicely....also, the seat arrangement would depend on whether the aircraft was for pax or comms/nav training, in which case there would less seats but tables and various bits of kit installed.

The rear bulkheads were removable, depending on use. There is a fuselage frame just to the rear of the door to which the door frame is attached. I think it would be safe to say that the bulkhead was fitted slightly back from the door and attached to that fuselage frame.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Derek