An-26

Jabba

I have had this in the loft for a few years now waiting to be built. I want to make a Czech aircraft and have got some decals from HAD (which I can#t find at the moment), but did not have any colour names for the paint scheme that I want to do. I have even asked members of the Czech IPMS at the nationals on several occasions, but to no avail. However this year I manged to find a decal sheet from ODecals in the last 20 mins of the nationals which now leave me with a new dilema, as this sheet also contains markings for a whiteish scheme of the slovak air force. Anyway that is a long way of and hopefully this will be completed by the deadline. I will probably glue the fuselage sides together before I jion the fuselage halves together although the instructions don't say to do this. So far I have put togther parts for the navigators station.

An-26001.jpg

An-26002.jpg

An-26003.jpg

An-26004.jpg

Jabba if you get stuck have lots of close ups of one somewhere, the big window is not on all of them, think it was a maritine thing, Most I have seen have bags and junk stowed in it. :)

Edited by TonyT

Hi Jabba

great looking bird and nice decals

Howewer....

sorry to say that the rules of the GB are for Soviet markings :(

you would be more than welcome to build as per box art but sadly if you wish to finish with Czech markings the build thread would have to be moved to WIP

It will not have a red star on it, sorry forgot to read all the rules.

Jabba if you get stuck have lots of close ups of one somewhere, the big window is not on all of them, think it was a maritine thing, Most I have seen have bags and junk stowed in it. :)

As many photos as possible would be appreciated, as there is a lot of space to fill.

Hi

Very interesting Jabba.

Where did you find these decals?

Patrick

I found them at the IPMS Nationals with about 20mins to go before it shut on the Sunday afternoon, from a bloke from the Czech Republic who had a stall there. Cost about a fiver, although he did have another set which had etched brass, but cost a hell of a lot more.

• 1 month later...

Just a small update on how things are going. I have both fuelage halves joined together, along with the cockpit built up and the flooring put together. I have done some trialing wth putting the cockpit/floor sections into a fuselage half and getting the other half to close over it with little success. I think that I have seen the problem and will have it resolved soon. I have also been building some of the other parts that are not needed at the moment such as the outer wings and tailplane.

An-26.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

A small update of my progress with this one. The fuselage is now together, it did have a few gaps in it which were filled with super glue and baking powder. The inner wing parts and the tailplanes have also been added and filled in. Hopefully after a bit more sanding the engines, outer wing parts and the fin will be added in due cause.

An-26005.jpg

An-26006.jpg

An-26007.jpg

An-26008.jpg

I have now got all the main pieces together. It has been filled and the first round of sanding has been carried out. several more rounds to go and a bit more filling I think still to go. I have also started putting together some of the smaller items such as the wheels and prop assemblies (which A Model like doing as seperate items) and hopefully progress will carry on during the next week. It is actually turning out a lot bigger than I first thought, and surprisingly even with all the filler and joining where it touches, it has been so far enjoyable to make.

An-26009.jpg

An-26010.jpg

An-26011.jpg

An-26013.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

All together now and sanded down, which took quite a while waht with a bit of re-filling here and there. I have started painting it with the bottom colour done, and the first coat of one of the camo colours. I now have the task of making up the props as they are all individually mounted on the central boss. Still in for a penny, in for a pound.

An-26014.jpg

An-26015.jpg

An-26016.jpg

An-26017.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I now have the camo painted on, it didn't help when the instructions gave the wrong paint No for one of the greys, so that had to be painted over. I also have the props made up and partially painted. Hopefully I shall be having fun putting the decals on soon.

An-26018.jpg

An-26019.jpg

An-26020.jpg

An-26021.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have been a bit slow with the updates for this one. I now have the decals on, although one did manage to break after I had applied some Johnsons Klear and was putting on the matt varnish. I am now starting to put on the fiddly bits such as aerials, probes and the such like. Hopefully I will have it finished for the show at Newbury this coming Sunday.

An-26022.jpg

An-26023.jpg

An-26024.jpg

An-26025.jpg