Going thru my photoalbum

Repainted

Hi

As the main topic says I was cleaning up my photoalbum, so why not send in some pics of my work. There is always one or ten that havent seen them :analintruder:

Eduard 1/48 DIII Albatros was my firts real attempt on ww1 build.

JRENMRRNLQJRK.jpg

The fuselage is painted in oilcolour and its rigged with Gold-zack thread.

next is Eduards Roland Cii profipack. This kit is not the new with the correct decals for this machine.

JSEOFNJONOHRQ.jpg

The scales is hand painted,not that much to rigg, so I´ve build that anometer on the top wing.

This one you´ve seen all over the internet, thats what my feeling is. It´s Eduards Arco DH2 fully riggad and with handmade wickerseat.

JMONQNLNLOMPN4.jpg

JMONGQGPLRKMM0.jpg

Nieupot 11. I´ve have a week spot for these awsome figthers from nieuport. This is Eduards

JRCNMQHRRRDRC.jpg

Niuport 17. This was build for the first contest on the Aeroscale forum under a few weeks. No extras just what you have in the box plus rigging.

JNDPRPERFMGOF0.jpg

there guys you have the walkaround for this time. sadly I´m a very slow builder so you have to be patience to ait for somthing new to be finished.

for this time

cheers

Lars Q

I´m tempted dylan, but I´ve have´not the time just now. Next time perhaps. But Í´m following the groupbuild with big interest.there is some nice build going on. Will give you my bet now....

seeya

Lars Q

Hi Jay

never got my hands on that one, but of what I´ve heard there was a ton of work to load.

The newest in the 32-scale pile is Special Hobbys Nieport 11, thats a gem. Can´t wait for the Spada decals for that one.

Lars

Thanks for the kind words guys.

The Dh-2 is a three month build for me, the rigging itself took two weeks to set up. Eduard hade made it quite simple in the instruction so I´ve had several references to get it right. This one is the only fullrigged machine I´ve finished.

The wickerseat is actually the last seat of three who was made for this lovely plane, the two first ones was put in the trash real quick. The seat is just what this model need, and I didn’t like the etched one Eduard putted in the etchset. The seat is made from plasticard copper wire and fishingline. I have just a new wicker finished for another WW1 project, but more of this another time and thread.

Thanks guys

I will send in more work

Lars Q

Lars, have you considered making resin copies of your wicker seats. I'm not really a WW1 buff but I should imagine quite a few aircraft had seats like this. They do look great and you may be able to sell a few? I think a lot of WW1 enthusiasts might be interested. Just a thought :)

Gary.

edit.... spelling

Edited by rdxtnt

Hi Gary

I don’t think it will sell that much. And I can’t cast things in resin. Besides that Cooper had one in resin if I recall

All modellers I´ve Know have the Dh-2 at the bottom of the shelf (will probably never to be buildcorner). I think that it’s the fullrigging that’s makes them to scary to start up the build. At the time I was building mine there was another guy in Czech Republic whose throw some good work on his kit. Mike Grant (the decal guy) did also a mighty job on one.

The camel have a wicker but what can you see of that seat when the model is completed?

The Be2 series got wickers to and you always use the leftover etch seat from Eduards Camel or just order a set of etched from Parts or Eduard. These machines will get lovely without handmade wicker, but the DH-2 didn’t. Just that large opening into the cockpit did scream for a special seat. Several British RAF plane did have these wickers but it’s just a seat.

If we turn the scale up to 32, the only horse you look at then is the camel from Academy or Hobbycraft. The Hobbycraft´s kit is better one the modeller told me. I don´t have it yet but will order it some day. But the same problem here, how much can you see.

It’s not that difficult to build one, it’s just taking some time to make one. Off course the first four or five is just to throw away, but it’s the same problem as always when you and all other modeller will try to increase the skills of the modelling, some will get it some don´t. For me it’s why in to modelling, I can never build out of the box, that’s my biggest problem.

But Gary never say never, someday I’ll make one for someone who can cast in resin.

Cheers

Lars Q

All modellers I´ve Know have the Dh-2 at the bottom of the shelf (will probably never to be buildcorner). I think that it’s the fullrigging that’s makes them to scary to start up the build.

Funny you should say that Lars........... that's exactly what happened to mine. It sat on the shelf for a couple of years until I finally admitted to myself that I would never be able to pluck up enough courage to face all that rigging. Ended up reselling it on E-Bay :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late answer my friend

The rigging is nothing to be scared about my friend just take one wire at the time. You migth be sorry in the future, when you decide to give it a try and can´t get hold of one.

This one was the first model with the full rigg for me, can´t just have those Fokkers in the shelf :P

Lars