IMPORTANT tip for Acc Min Yak 1 builders- PART TWO.

The ONLY way the top side consoles of the cockpit will ever fit is if you apply a very brave twist outwards to the panels so they "take a set."

Just did it- thought it was all going to go horribly wrong, but no, it went horribly right :)

Edited by Mentalguru

Comrade Mentalski,

Once again our so called American allies are undermining our cause. Could you tell me if this problem applies only to the Yak-1 or are you saying that due to the American's incompetence I may have a similar problem with the Yak-1b.

Malcolm

Comrade Mentalski,

Once again our so called American allies are undermining our cause. Could you tell me if this problem applies only to the Yak-1 or are you saying that due to the American's incompetence I may have a similar problem with the Yak-1b.

Malcolm

Malcomski- you will need to be understanding of this problem of both aircrafts. you will need tight sphincter apparatus, and firm and steady hand to perform suck a delicate task. But the pleasure is there for our illusitrious future together- this Komrad- and believe me Komrad- is the only way forward to Soviet Victory. It is perfectski solutionski. control panels comform to our true way of life like Fascist dictators- meaning Komrad- they need masculine domination.

Panelski's will then sit perfcectly just underneath and tight against fuselage side rails. Gap is so big that glueski will not stick these maladjusted Amerikan inferior parts without "manipulation" to bend outwards.

Edited by Mentalguru

• 1 month later...

Khomrads- Imperial Christmis wasteful frrivolty is opher.

Now onto serious business of taking clippers to Yak-1 mainspar and chopping up and throwing in bin.

Now wings fit and tips go upwards like on real Soviet hero Yak aircraft.

Americn infiltrators of design will be dealt wivth. :fight:

Comrade Mentalski,

Malcolm

Malcolmski- all aircrafts built by Accurate Minitures production plant whill be affected.

Comrade Mentalski,

Production restarted after we received a supply of Milliput from a neighbouring collective, we exhausted our own stock before Christmas,I now believe that it will be the first Yak-1 constructed mainly of Milliput .

I am of the opinion the capitalists at Accurate Miniature by supplying us with substandard ill fitting parts are in collusion with the fascists,but by the use of Milliput we will not allow them to thwart our cause.

Malcolmski

Comrade Mentalski,

Production restarted after we received a supply of Milliput from a neighbouring collective, we exhausted our own stock before Christmas,I now believe that it will be the first Yak-1 constructed mainly of Milliput .

I am of the opinion the capitalists at Accurate Miniature by supplying us with substandard ill fitting parts are in collusion with the fascists,but by the use of Milliput we will not allow them to thwart our cause.

Malcolmski

Malcolmski- have you attached the wings yet? If not- HEED my secret information

Any progress Mental please

how goes it?

Hi Walrus

Well, funnily enough, just been thinking about doing a bit more, now the fw190 is in primer + rlm '76 and going to be left for a while to cure (and get my head around the colour scheme.)

Wings/main spar before mod

4273233881_99d298d5c9_b.jpg

And after

4273978390_cd7060ef4c_b.jpg

So that little hack hob got me the dihedral I needed to make the wings fit- (and make it look right.)

So here's a few of the stage I have got to so far-

4273980002_8ef31e14d3_b.jpg

4273981090_2929a704f4_b.jpg

Edited by Mentalguru

Comrade Mentalski

I have suggested to Comrade Walrus that you should be awarded the HSU for dropping the flaps,on your Yak,your bravery knows no bounds. Unfortunately I was not able to heed your warning concerning the wing dihedral,but all is not lost my version may have a superior roll rate, all the better to smash the fascists.

I hadn't realised that the Accurate kit includes different fuselage sides for the various versions, I had assumed the kits only contained different fuselage tops (you live and learn)

Malcolm

• 1 month later...