Liberator 159 sqn SEAC

palacefan

The first of my many hopefully.

This is where it stalled:

PICT0027-1.jpg

And this is what I have done this weekend.

Painted the wheels and under carriage

PICT0005_4.jpg

Sprayed the bottom grey

PICT0004_4.jpg

PICT0002_4.jpg

And pre shade the top, awaiting paint.

PICT0001_4.jpg

Edited by palacefan

Do you have pictures of the scheme you are doing?

:cheers:

This one, its olive drab on top, grey underside

GoofyforBM.jpg

Looks good! Is the Minicraft kit any cop? What airbrush is that, BTW?

Its not Tamiya standard, but its also not limited run depths. With a little care it would build into a reasonable kit, but it has been frustrating in places.

As for the airbrush its a Revell Profi something or other.

The Olive drab arrived today so I will be having a crack at it this weekend fingers crossed.

Edited by palacefan

Keep it up Wayne :whip:

Do you think it'll be finished by Tuesday?

No, I need to do the creating of decals bit and paint all of the turrets. I have an Eh101 i want to bring along though for some idea on how to save a bit of it.

• 2 weeks later...

excuse the rubbish pics, but just an update because the green has gone on. i am pleased with it one minute and feel the pre shading is overdone the next.

I am going with it and hoping the flat coat will knock it back a bit.

PICT0003-19.jpg

PICT0002-24.jpg

PICT0001-25.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
i am pleased with it one minute and feel the pre shading is overdone the next.

I am going with it and hoping the flat coat will knock it back a bit.

I think it looks good, the wartime pictures I've seen of these on the internet show quite worn airframes and I think you have captured it well.

Regards

Tim.

I have done a little more. The resin exhausts with the flame dampers are painted and attaches, The engines are on, and i couldnt resist puting 'Daring Diana' nose art on. I have also started painting the gun turrets so it wont be long now until it is finished.

It needs the edge touching up but it worked.

PICT0004-14.jpg

Its about the right size, the photos i have only has the pitot and the little window as reference to its actual size. I like the fact that its big as it is a tribute to the crew of Daring Diana.

PICT0005-7.jpg

PICT0006-4.jpg

Exhausts fitted

PICT0007-4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Nice work Wayne, hope to see her finished on time

Bugger!!!

I didnt look at the end date. Well at least the GB had the desired effect and got me building again.

I would / could of had her finished on time but the turrets looked rubbish when painted as the join went over the top of the glass, not the glazing bars.

I have ordered some replacement ones, so when they arive i will post the finished model on ready for inspection.

Gary,

the resin exhausts were my first attempt at resin casting, as they needed the flame damper. they didnt come out great, but good enough for me, and i learned alot doing it.