Gallery

AnonymousDFB1

• 2 weeks later...

Airfix (ESCI) Sea Harrier FRS.1 from the Airfix Falkland box set. Build thread is here.

I also used Pavla resin intakes / exhausts and MA decals for the 700A flight scheme.

The only real issues were me breaking things off (undercart leg, pitot probe etc) and the awful Airfix stencil decals. (how they get decals so thick yet so brittle is a mystery to me!)

SeaHarrier1.jpg

SeaHarrier2.jpg

SeaHarrier3.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's mine.

Falcon vacformed Martin Baker MB-5 in 1:48 scale. No aftermarket, but a lot of scratch building, including the cockpit, wheel bays, props (not used in the end), and landing gear. Glad to have it finished, and thoroughly enjoyed taking up the cudgel on it again ^_^

complete1.jpg

complete2.jpg

complete3.jpg

complete4.jpg

complete5.jpg

complete6.jpg

Build thread is here. Thanks for watching! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Academy 1:72 P-47D Thunderbolt.

Built out of the box (with the exception of adding seatbelts), with a mixture of kit and Hasegawa decals for the colour scheme.

NMF is Rub 'n' Buff over a base coat of Tamiya AS-12 Aluminium, with the gun servicing panels left in AS-12 for a bit of contrast. Weathering confined mainly to prop and cowling, with a wash applied to control surfaces and servicing panels only, since I feel NMF models do a reasonable job of highlighting their panel lines on their own without any assistance :)

Yellow is Tamiya TS-16, and the green Tamiya AS-14. Citadel Chaos black used for the cooling gills and identity stripes on the tail surfaces, with black Mig powder for exhaust stains and general scruffiness.

Finishing thread is here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41467

jug10.jpg

jug9.jpg

jug11.jpg

jug12.jpg

Finally, I couldn't resist a shot with the prop turning (courtesy of a very patient wife providing the airflow ;) )

jug13.jpg

Hi

Here it is

1:48 AMT ES-3A Shadow built OOB Build thread here

It was too late(Going dark) to take some decent shots but at least this proves it was finished!

es3afrontwide.jpg

es3afront.jpg

es3abottom.jpg

It was a really enjoyable build and until today's disaster I was very pleased how it had turned out.

Thanks for looking

Tim.