Zero's Nasa F-16 XL

zero

I bought and started this some 10 years ago now, So long ago, that the white paint I applied to the wheel wells has yellowed with age. Anyway it's the basic kit with some decals I managed to find that suited my needs and I just need to find some small letter in the spares for the registration. When I started this I didn't even have a Airbrush, so now I have and i'm a regular user of painting everything with it almost, that I hape to be able to make a Reasonable job on this now.

So heres what I'm starting with.

377925397.jpg

and I hope it will end up looking like this

DSC_4215%20F-16XL%20N849NA%2075-749%20left%20front%20l.jpg

DSC_4219%20F-16XL%20N849NA%2075-749%20left%20rear%20l.jpg

As you can see I've alread built the airframe and the coockpit is all but finished

377925390.jpg

But there a lot more to do to finish this.

Thanks for looking

Dave

Edited by zero

I love the shape of the F-16XL and that paint job really enhances it. I'll be following this with interest. What kit are you using?

David

Thanks Dave, the kit is the Revell 1/32 version, but I think this is the Hasegawa kit, which was farmed out to Revell and Kangham as well I believe.

Cheers

Dave

Is it me or does that XL in the photos look like a model? Must be the funny half light, and the tail markings look ropey too! Useful photos though.. good luck with the build :)

and the fact it appears to have no engine.

nice looking plane though...better than normal f-16s IMHO...and nice project as well Zero

steve