Model Aviation World

Mike

I thought issue 2 was very poor, so poor in fact I stopped my mate from buying it in Smiths and gave him my copy!! He didn't think that much of it either!!

Issue 1 was good but when my sub runs out after issue 3 I will buy only when there is subject matter that really grabs me!

Nothing wrong with the print quality or the grahic images there are just so many choices out there to justify just one magazine sub that may not cover the subjects I am interested in.

Sorry not for me as a subscriber!

Neil

Hi

I loved the first issue specifically because the Wingnuts wings brisfit was on its way as my xmas pressie! I thought the quality was very high in both content and paper.

I must admit I was a bit dissapointed with the second issue and will now make my subscription decision based on the third issue.

Clive

I'm half way through issue 2 and I'm seeing the same quality as was evident in issue 1... the picture legends are larger too - how many magazines take notice of their clients that quickly? :)

... the picture legends are larger too - how many magazines take notice of their clients that quickly? :)

Errrm, but not in all the articles! In Andy's Valkyrie & the Jindivik one they have still used the teeny-weeny red 'picture number' ones! (maybe they'd been set out at the same time as issue 1?) However in the two bi-plane articles they've started using separate bold captions under the piccies which to my eyes at least are much easier to read - & an improvement to the page layout & design !!

Keef

Errrm, but not in all the articles! In Andy's Valkyrie & the Jindivik one they have still used the teeny-weeny red 'picture number' ones! (maybe they'd been set out at the same time as issue 1?) However in the two bi-plane articles they've started using separate bold captions under the piccies which to my eyes at least are much easier to read - & an improvement to the page layout & design !!

Keef

I've just started reading that article & see what you mean.

Hey Everyone!

I thought issue 2 was very poor, so poor in fact I stopped my mate from buying it in Smiths and gave him my copy!! He didn't think that much of it either!!

Issue 1 was good but when my sub runs out after issue 3 I will buy only when there is subject matter that really grabs me!

Nothing wrong with the print quality or the grahic images there are just so many choices out there to justify just one magazine sub that may not cover the subjects I am interested in.

Sorry not for me as a subscriber!

Neil

Hi Neil - I'm sorry that you felt that way - but thanks for the comments they will be most useful when we have a meeting after Christmas. Unfortunately, we can't please everyone, all of the time...

Keef

Hey Keef - we are on to this at the moment. Having had comments on this over the last month or so, we will be adjusting the picture refs to make them far larger in future issues and thus easier to read. We would have dealt with them sooner but a combination of workload and Christmas meant that we were unable to do so. Bear with us and we'll get it sorted...

Spence

3312771832_c19987074d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I love the writing style and have only spotted a couple of grammatical errors. The build details are just right and there are no annoying, obvious product placements in the builds. 2 potential improvements: the kit box sections did not have the RRP of the items, I think this is important; secondly it seems a bit thin, but then it is a startup, do you have a projected page count for end of year?

Dan

Overall, I like it.

When I bought issue two, my initial reaction was that it was a bit of a come down, but having actually read it, its growing on me. Not sure about the 'showtime' covering airshows as opposed to model shows, but I guess that as I go to a lot of these I'm luckier than many. Like wise the Canberra photo spread initially had me thinking "ah another lazy way to fill a few pages", but having looked closer the pics are all pretty useful for modelling purposes (in a way that the Legends ones aren't maybe?). The modelling articles seem to have a higher ratio of words to pics, but without seeming like the pics are lacking (smaller font than others perhaps?).

Very nice article on the Hansa Brandenburg flying boat, but one big omission - let's see it on the scenic base! I can glean from the text that the author was disapointed how it turned out, but it surely can't be unpublishable :lol::-) . Is it on-line anywhere?

Personally I can live without the centre spread - grew out of that with Look-In :)

Review section a little sparse, but I wouldn't give up the meaty build articles to flesh it out.

Good stuff, keep it up.

Steve.

Hy Guys!

I love the writing style and have only spotted a couple of grammatical errors. The build details are just right and there are no annoying, obvious product placements in the builds. 2 potential improvements: the kit box sections did not have the RRP of the items, I think this is important; secondly it seems a bit thin, but then it is a startup, do you have a projected page count for end of year?

Dan

Hi Dan - thanks for the comments, they're very useful and we'll take a look at including some of your ideas in future issues. As for the review section, we want to try and keep it around the length that it is now; there are plenty of other titles that carry way more than we do and so we would like to concentrate more on builds and features in the space that we have rather than allotting more space to shorter reviews and product lists. The projected page count is 68 pages - just as it is now.

Overall, I like it.

When I bought issue two, my initial reaction was that it was a bit of a come down, but having actually read it, its growing on me. Not sure about the 'showtime' covering airshows as opposed to model shows, but I guess that as I go to a lot of these I'm luckier than many. Like wise the Canberra photo spread initially had me thinking "ah another lazy way to fill a few pages", but having looked closer the pics are all pretty useful for modelling purposes (in a way that the Legends ones aren't maybe?). The modelling articles seem to have a higher ratio of words to pics, but without seeming like the pics are lacking (smaller font than others perhaps?).

Very nice article on the Hansa Brandenburg flying boat, but one big omission - let's see it on the scenic base! I can glean from the text that the author was disapointed how it turned out, but it surely can't be unpublishable :lol::-) . Is it on-line anywhere?

Personally I can live without the centre spread - grew out of that with Look-In :)

Review section a little sparse, but I wouldn't give up the meaty build articles to flesh it out.

Good stuff, keep it up.

Steve.

Thanks Steve - we'll take on board your thoughts and use them to improve the magazine ove the coming months. As for the scenic base, I'm not sure why it didn't appear, as I photoraphed it! I'll try and publish the pictures with one of the next installments in the series...

Spence

I disagree, to a point!

If the picture shows details that can be used in your build, like aerial fit and the like then I think they are a good idea.

I would also like to suggest that detail build photos are no smaller that 1/8th of a page.

I appreciate that space is at a premium but I have seen in other titles, similar pictures that are so small, its not even worth trying to look at them!

Spence, will you be producing an Index for each volume?

Spence, will you be producing an Index for each volume?

Hi Tony! I hadn't really considered this, but given that it is a new title, I may well give it some thought! I'll speak to Alan tomorrow and see what he thinks...

Spence

I like the center spread photo, the Aggressor F-15 shot was excellent. Only thing, can you arrange to have adverts on the back of it so if you remove it you don't loose half an article.

That's a good idea :)

Well I finally managed to get a copy (Issue 3) and I like what I see.

As mentioned by someone else I would like to see the RRP next to new items etc.

Have not seen the previous issues but I will certainly buy the next one!

cheers Bob

Have just got issue three and enjoyed all especially the Mossie review - need to get one. For info, my copy also has started to fall apart- bit of an issue with the staples. Preferred to have seen larger pictures of the reviewed models rather than half a page pics of bottles of paint and brass pipe....