Airliner GB

richellis

Going to try and do a couple.

First a Boeing 314 'Yankee Clipper' in 1/144 scale. Haven't got the kit yet, but I see Airfix do it and Minicraft, probably the same kit actually. Bit of a story there actually, my wife works as a data processor for a GP surgery in Horsham, W.Sussex. The senior GP there gos by the name of John Heatley, son of Norman Heatley. Norman Heatley was one of the team that invented Penicillin, and along with another member of the team, flew to the US from Lisbon, Portugal in the Yankee Clipper (in 1942 I think it was), to try and get them to produce larger quantities of it than we could over here.

Anyway, the intention is to have it mounted on a Sea base and give it to him for the small display he has at the surgery.

If I get that done in time, I'll do the Airfix Caravelle from the stash. :)

Edited by Doug Rogers

• 3 weeks later...

I might have to join in the merryment aswell, Ive got an old airfix 707 in 144 & revell BA 744 along with a Heller 72nd Lufthansa Super Connie and possibly an Austrian (Orchestra type) A340 I promised Id build for Louise........ but I may have to keep it simple as Ive got the What If GB at the end of July with an A380 so space will be amusing :rofl:

Bexy

my thoughts atm -

RV 747-400 in British Airways colours - Olympic Pride, the acft that brought the team back from Bejing

on the ground at LHR, doors open, and if I can find enough figures, the team on the steps to the doors.....

Thinking of building my Hasegawa 1/200 DC10 in laker colours for the group build. Concorde is already under way thanks to Rich.

Has anyone built one of these ? How does the kit go together ?

Thinking of building my Hasegawa 1/200 DC10 in laker colours for the group build. Concorde is already under way thanks to Rich.

Has anyone built one of these ? How does the kit go together ?

Neil,

The Hasegawa DC-10 goes togehter very nicely liek all the Hasegawa 1/200 airliners. I built the KC-10 version some years ago and did not have and issues at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there room for one more in the GB? I'm a noob around here, but loved the GB last year on the Spanish Civil War.

I would like to try my luck with a 1/72nd scale Ju 86 airliner, in either Lufthansa or Swissair colours, probably OOB (Revell or Italeri). Is that OK?

What do I need to do?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Bad form I know, but due to a contract extension I can't commit to a GB at Present.

Not complaining about having extra work, but still vaguely annoying :angry: .

Apologies,

Mark.