Airliner GB

richellis

I'll play, I have plenty of airliners from most eras. I would really like to build my Lockheed Tristar in Orbital Sciences markings :D

Would the airliner have to been in an airline scheme? No matter what the answer I'll still play....

Wow this does look good! Am I right in this list of people interested,

Me

Mitchem

kev1n

The Velociweiler

Stebos

marty hopkirk x2

woody37

Mish

trojan thunder

Antony Robertson

keefer22

stringbag

Could this be a go Mish?????

PM me and let me know about the hosting, never done it before....

I'd like to have a go at this one. How long would we have to source a kit if the GB goes ahead?

I would probably try and do a prop-classic, possibly an Ambassador or a Viscount (depending on availability).

Hey.....

....if I promise to build two, will that count as an extra vote ?

(What the hell am I doing ???)

mike

2 trident 3 conversions....at least one TriStar....and a VC10......

would that be 4 votes if I get my finger out?

:hypnotised:

I'd like to have a go at this one. How long would we have to source a kit if the GB goes ahead?

I would probably try and do a prop-classic, possibly an Ambassador or a Viscount (depending on availability).

Plenty of time to source a kit Mark, I would have to do the same.

Provisionally I'm looking at a timeslot running from June next year for three months.

I could be interested. I need to get my finger out and actually do some modelling.

If I built if from the box, I could do Minicraft's DC-3. It could do with some accurizing, but that would probably mean it'd never get finished! I also have a few other suitable kits (Concordes mostly, couple of 737s, 747s, a Britannia and a Comet).

Obi-Jiff :fish:

I'm not sure I 'fessed up with two, I might change my mind in between now and when it starts - the Authentic Airliners Viscount is luring me like a siren on the rocks. But for the time being, I will stick with Rotodyne in BEA "red square" livery for now.

In all honesty 3 months is more than likley not long enough for me, 4-6 would be better.

Marty...

I like Ray's Orbital Sciences Tristar idea. I've got a Revell SCA that would fit right in too. It still has American Airlines markings, so that should sneak by as an airliner. And NASA always compares the Shuttle to a DC-9, so that makes it an airliner too :)

Peter

Hi all

I would be interested in being a host but i have absolutely no idea at all what's involved, could anyone fill me in please?

Regards

Antony

Only one qualification, being keen. Not a lot to to do, GB's rarely get technical, if anything technical need doing there's plenty of people around to help.

The main job is keeping an eye on things and keeping the GB spirit going if needed. Basicly showing a presence. Ideally if it's a big GB some knowledge of the subject is handy, but my first GB as co host was an armour GB and I know nothing about armour.

This'll be a great GB to cut your teeth on.

I like Ray's Orbital Sciences Tristar idea. I've got a Revell SCA that would fit right in too. It still has American Airlines markings, so that should sneak by as an airliner. And NASA always compares the Shuttle to a DC-9, so that makes it an airliner too :)

Peter

I like your way of thinking Peter! So if I put a Pegasus rocket under my Tristar I could compare that to a SAAB 340 or the like? :D

oh yeah...I said 1 vc10 earlier...it's two....1 B.Cal and 1 RAF....

and other sundries I could get into....when do we start?

and on what ????

Well... I've now got a Minicraft 737-300 to play with after Stringbag's visit to my gaff last night. Not much around in aftermarket for you airliner boys, is there? I saw an Extratech set for this one at Hannants - anyone got any opinions on it? :)

You can send it to me! I want a 737-300 as the one I got at telford was a revell A320 in a minicraft 737-300 box. I even got a couple of sets of decals as i thought I got a 737-400 that was a A321 in a minicraft box!

That's a shame! Speak to Chris (Stringbag), as I think he might have a few ;)

Yea he has got a couple for me. He's sending me a couple of Daco ones! Im just unhappy as i wanted some minicraft 737s and Ive got loads of revell airbus's. Part build as well!!! Not very well part built either!

Bit of a bummer, eh? :S I seem to remember you mentioning it at some point.