RAAF Kingfisher - 1/72

Romeo Alpha Yankee

Looking good, nice to see a kingfisher :speak_cool:

Which colour scheme will you go for?

There is a 3rd scheme on the sheet, medium blue uppers with light grey lowers and some yellow training stripes on the fuslegae and wings.

I will try and post an updated picture shortly.

Been tearing the hair out with this one, filling, sanding, priming, filling, sanding, priming... you get the picture.

Here is a picture of how it is at the moment, It might be time to big the the bullet and just throw some paint on it...

Kingfisher1-1.jpg

Back to the bench to do battle...

Ahh the trials and tribulations!

I had a good session on the weekend masking and painting the training stripes then when it came to decalling I butchered one of the wing roundels trying to move it after adding setting solution. I am using the Red Roo Kingfishers Pt2 sheet (which are great to work with BTW!)

The clear parts are yet to be refitted after popping them off to remove some sanding residue that got inside (DOH!)

Would any one have a spare wing roundel for A48-4 from the Red Roo sheet by any chance?

Kingfisherdecalled1.jpg

Kingfisherdecalled2.jpg

Kingfisherdecalled3.jpg

Kingfisherdecalled4.jpg

Thanks all! Also home with this one.

That is looking nice. But whats happening with the front canopy?

Ollie, I had to pop the clear parts off to clean them up. I had only rested them back in place for the pictures and did not notice I had bumped the windscreen out of place. They will be resecured next.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one, really cool model. What is it like to finish a model? I might find out soon.