New Resin BAC 1-11 at Telford

woody37

While I was at Telford, there was a new resin 500 kit next to TwoSix Decals on display for launch end of November. I don't know who it was as the chap wasn't there, but the detail was superb. The panel lines and surface detail was extremely crisp and the parts were slotted to make fitting easier / more accurate. Ray told me the cost was going to be around 60 euros which was very painful, but I can only imagine that it would look amazing finished from what I seen.

Does anyone know more about this ?

Cheers

Neil

It is a 1:144 kit but to see it...... WOW!

I am sure its one of Kurts (Authentic Airliners) kits but the mould was fantastic with nice detail. He had a 727 that he had built with full flaps in 1/144!

Thanks for the confirmation Richellis you have got me going already.

Did you or anyone take pics?

This seems to have been one missed by the SMW posters?

Adrian

I have seen authentic airliners resin kits and they are brilliant.

however....this is just my own view...since they are solid resin, I cant open up the doors etc.

...and they cost serious dosh.

so I wont be getting any :(

If I had the money I would tho'....doors or no doors:)

IIRC the 1-11 was the first kit Authentic Airliners released after Kurt entered the original in the SMW comp 3-4 years ago? It's no longer on the website, so is this 'new' one maybe just a re-issue? But as you say, with Flying Fish closing down, the last announcement I'd seen from Kurt was this on the AMD Yahoo group in October;

"FFM were molding my kits. The closure of FFM means also the closure of my line of products, at least for now. I will have to find another company to mold my stuff in high quality or this is it for Authentic Airliners, too."

But if the 1-11 is listed as 'new' at Telford & is an AA kit, hopefully he has found a new moulder?

Keef

I e-mailed him yesterday about this Ive pasted his reply

Hi Rich,

At this time I have left a few kits only. FFM did the moulding of all my stuff and I will have to find an alternate. i got in contact with a couple of guys in Telford last weekend and hope to resume production in a couple of month.

Kind regards

kurt

• 4 weeks later...
While I was at Telford, there was a new resin 500 kit next to TwoSix Decals on display for launch end of November. I don't know who it was as the chap wasn't there, but the detail was superb. The panel lines and surface detail was extremely crisp and the parts were slotted to make fitting easier / more accurate. Ray told me the cost was going to be around 60 euros which was very painful, but I can only imagine that it would look amazing finished from what I seen.

Does anyone know more about this ?

Cheers

Neil

The kit is available from Two-Six decals here:

http://www.twosixdecals.co.uk/epages/62035...roducts/TSK4401

The kit is available from Two-Six decals here:

http://www.twosixdecals.co.uk/epages/62035...roducts/TSK4401

I'm sure that these are different kits.

I have a couple of the two-six 1-11s and believe that they were available long before the AA kit.

If i'm wrong however, my apologies.

Chris.

PS The Two-Six kit is very good and worth getting.

I'm sure that these are different kits.

I have a couple of the two-six 1-11s and believe that they were available long before the AA kit.

If i'm wrong however, my apologies.

Chris.

PS The Two-Six kit is very good and worth getting.

I think the same Chris. But like you I could well be wrong too!!

Keef