Roman Legionary 120mm

T-Tango

The next figure is already underway, it's the Miniart Roman Legionary II Century A.D. 120mm, I won't bother you with the customary box and sprue shots as they are nearly identical to the Praetorian Guard, this one won't be entirely OOB as I've sent off for a couple of bits just to make him a bit different, we'll just have to see if they work.

Pics to follow of build progress.

PeteiVm GonnagiveitanotherbashicVs SPQR

• 2 weeks later...
T-Tango, Another Roman To see coming along. Are the figures basically the same but with only minor variations. I like the etch brass additions on the shield. I will be looking for future posts. Carl T :speak_cool:

Hi Carl, the kits are basically the same, only the helmet, shield and pilus (spear) are different, however this kit doesn't seem to have gone together quite as smoothly as the first one, but it's progressing slowly.

T-Tango, Hi, I've put in an order for this figure, along with #1613 the Greek Hoplite. I am also going to try to get the book you mentioned. THANKS for the heads up on these items. BTW , I went back over the 2 horses in the mounted figures to check on how much putty filler I used on them. ! is already painted in the colored undercoat, but the other one I've yet to prime yet. There is really very little filler used, Mainly around where the head joint is & between the front legs. The problem with assembling the horse came from the bottom seam. The bottom edgees are bowed out. I elected to use the parts as is because I thought making them flatter would make the width of the horse too thin where the saddle sits. The clamps I use are like Vise-grips with soft coated ends & they leave no scratches on the model. So far the 2 horses have held together with no breaks. As to the price for these figures ,I paid $ 45.00 each here in the US & I consider them a bargain. Sorry to be so long winded but I wanted to be clear about everything. Carl T :speak_cool: