sWS 60cm Infrared Searchlight Carrier "UHU" (1:35 GWH)

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got round to giving this a coat of matt varnish this evening, so here's a pic of the tracks installed, searchlight & running lights unmasked. Some more weathering yet to go, but the major work is done :)

painting7.jpg

Cheers Andy :)

Check out the first part of this build log for any minor issues - I should be getting a review sample tomorrow if FedEx don't screw up again... I'll be building it up pretty soon after too :wicked:

Lots of the knocky off bits have been added prior to the final weathering stages. I'm just working on the pioneer tools at the moment, which I'll add today if I get chance :)

chassis16.jpg

chassis17.jpg

Thanks Andy :)

I'm calling this one finished too. All the pioneer tools & jack have been added, and a dust coat of Tamiya buff sprayed round the running gear to unify it. I also added a little bit of pigment around the rear access hatches to match the dirt on the interior. I've not added too much in the way of dirt for the reason it would have been a relatively new piece of kit had it been fielded, so no rust streaks & oil stains on this one. Hope you like it.

complete1.jpg

complete2.jpg

complete3.jpg

complete4.jpg

Now what? :hmmm:

It looks great!

Ive been watching a lot of WWII documentaries lately; the History Channel seems to have gotten a box-lot at close out or something. The more I watch them and regain some historical perspective, the less entranced with German models I become.

But this one makes no difference - the workmanship is superb. Nice job, Mr. Mike.

Great looking build, well worth all the time you put in... Is it just me or is there a bit of an empty feeling after you complete a good build? I guess it comes from spending all that time on it, I feel a certain loss not being able to work on it anymore.

Anyway great work on your halftrack.

Dave Shaw

Mike: it's time to "light-up" those Ruskies....... :boom:

Cheers,

ggc

There's probably a good number of Russkis that are alive today because this one didn't see service... and all the other Allied forces too. I've got an E-100 Nachtjager and some Nachtjager figures to go with this monkey some day :)

Cheers boys :)

I've got her more aggressive sister waiting in the wings to be reviewed & built too... replete with PE set, detailed engine and Flak43 perched on top :mg: