Best T-34 Model?

Guest Amazing Badger

Guest Amazing Badger

Looked at a Dragon kit in Nottingham's model shop - does this kit come recommended or is there something else I should look for? I would prefer 1:35 over 1:72.

Thanks

Most Dragon kits are pretty good, usually very good on detail with loads of small parts, you could also look at Tamiya, their kits are very good as well, do a search on the forums for the T-34 and see how they build up. HTH

Guest snipersmudge

any of the recent dragon 1/35th T34 kits will build up into a stunning model. They are also more accurate than the older tamiya offerings.

pete

any of the recent dragon 1/35th T34 kits will build up into a stunning model. They are also more accurate than the older tamiya offerings.

pete

Very true Pete, but sometimes the tracks on some of the Dragon kits can be a bit off puting.

Guest snipersmudge
Very true Pete, but sometimes the tracks on some of the Dragon kits can be a bit off puting.

Yep Pete you are correct they can be a total pain! been a while since I built a dragon kit with tracks and it did drive me to drink! :suicide:

Hi, in 35th Dragon all the way in 48th Hobbyboss these have a full interior(scaled down from the big trumpeter), Tamiya's 35th is still a nice kit but dated against the Dragons their 48th is new & a breeze to build..

here's a pic of the Dragon 34/85 I've just finished

100_0143-3.jpg

two big frets of etch separate links (magic type...easy) alum barrel & markings for 5 tanks (by cartograph) under 30 quid I rest my case

HTH Andy.

• 3 weeks later...

In defence of the 'One True Scale', I think it's only fair to point out that Dragon actually do make that exact same T-34/85 with etched 'bedspring armour' in 1/72 too! :tomato:

FWIW & All the best

Andy S.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 3 months later...

I Just bought The T34 In 1:48 from Hobbyboss having googled Hobbyboss for reviews with all the extras bits such as Some Basic PE and turret detail plus link and length tracks

for a shade over a tenner delivered This Seems great Value, Tamiya Looks Like theres a new kid on the block

Link below to review

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...%26tbs%3Disch:1

:thumbsup:

Edited by whitestar

Tamiya's T-34s are very old. Their detail is nice but the low parts count means there's not that much of it, the sponsons aren't closed off, the tracks are awful, and they're generally a bit tired.

Dragon's are very, very good, but the price of that is that they do have a lot of parts and the tracks are a bit of a sod.

No-one has yet mentioned AFV Club's new range, which is getting very good write-ups. It has a full interior, in some cases with clear parts to show it off; I've seen it in the flesh and personally I think it's the best you can get. Also a bit cheaper than Dragon's. On the other hand, if you just want a quick build that looks like a T-34, the Tamiya one is still good enough for the price.

• Like 1