1/48th scale Bristol Beaufort Mk.I

Hiya Folks,
Here is another one of my Bristol Twins.....in fact I built it a few years ago and it is the 1/48th vac formed Sangar kit with the addition of outer wings, converted engines and tail from a scrapped Tamiya Beaufighter kit (which had the horizontal tailplane converted into the `flat' style). The engines were converted by sanding all of the detail off the cowlings which also helped to narrow their width, it has white metal Vickers K Guns from Aeroclub in the nose and beam positions, plus the Props came from Aeroclub too. The vac formed Bristol turret was a spare left over from a resin Blenheim kit and its twin Brownings came from a Classic Airframes Blenheim...as did the tropical filters.
My main gripe about the kit was with the clear parts as the cockpit canopy was a poor shape and the nose canopy was a very poor fit whilst the turret was unuseable. The Sangar kit also has no interior apart from a plastic floor and a rather poor white metal control column and seat which were not used anyway, so most of the insides were totally scratch built using plastic card and spares box items, with the old Tamiya Beaufighter parts coming in handy here too!!

Beaufort1.jpg

Beaufort2.jpg

Beaufort4.jpg
Hope you like it anyway...hopefully the MPM Empire might come to our rescue one day with the injection moulded Beaufort which they have been promising us for years!!
All the best
Tony O

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 14

Thanks for your kind comments lads.....it was a brute of a model to build and I just hope that somebody like MPM gets around to releasing an injection moulded kit of this magnificent looking aircraft in 1/48th sometime soon....follwed by some other Bristol Brutes such as the Brigand and Buckmaster...but I think I may be going `A Bridge Too Far' with these types!!

All the best and cheers

Tony O

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 8 years later...