Could I join in with a Amodel Yak-28PP ?

Yup ! Got one just like it, so I can appreciate the effort you've put in just to get this far.

Cracking job on the dropped flaps and I like the look of of your engine nacelle bullets - make mine look anaemic.

Pat yourself on the back mate :cheers:

mike

p.s. what are you plans with the colour scheme ?

How you doing Laurent

any progress with the painting :bounce:

... (damn someone's asking for news)... ahem... well I've sprayed the Mid Stone and I've noticed that I've forgotten to rescribe some panel lines. I've rescribed them and I've just resprayed a coat. I didn't do any other colour yet. Considering the amount of time I can spend on the kit (1 hour per day even on weekends... work, two young kids, etc) and the time that it takes for Humbrol enamel paint to dry, I'm afraid that I won't be able to finish the model in time. I'm still working on it though. Do the moderators lock threads when the deadline is met ?

... (damn someone's asking for news)... ahem... well I've sprayed the Mid Stone and I've noticed that I've forgotten to rescribe some panel lines. I've rescribed them and I've just resprayed a coat. I didn't do any other colour yet. Considering the amount of time I can spend on the kit (1 hour per day even on weekends... work, two young kids, etc) and the time that it takes for Humbrol enamel paint to dry, I'm afraid that I won't be able to finish the model in time. I'm still working on it though. Do the moderators lock threads when the deadline is met ?

You keep plugging away mate - you're over the worst bit.

mike

• 2 weeks later...

Argh. Komrad Mitchem. I am a traitor to the Party.

1) The model isn't finished at all (the lower half of the nacelles and fuselage wasn't done when I posted the latest pics; underside still not painted)... but there's worst...

2) As I look at the camo à la SEA, I don't really want to put the krasnaïa zvezdas anymore but rather the yellow and blue Ukrainian roundels on it. The points of the star are still visible as the diameter of the biggest disk is smaller than the diameter of the star ! It looks rather kewl unfortunately.

Conclusion: Argh.

Laurent expecting to move from Kyiv to Siberia

Ps: Walrus can melt the medal

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting an update - Well impressed with the build and the paintwork - it's looking really good.

Keep plugging away 'cos I'll keep watching and I'm sure it will be well worth the effort (even with yellow and blue roundels !)

mike

Thanks for posting an update - Well impressed with the build and the paintwork - it's looking really good.

Keep plugging away 'cos I'll keep watching and I'm sure it will be well worth the effort (even with yellow and blue roundels !)

mike

:ditto: Still hope to see three finished Yak twin-jets come out of the groupbuild!

Keef

You guys have your own Sub-GB thing goin' on

Wouldn't it be better to transfer this thread into the WIP forum ? This isn't a Tamigawa build, I don't intend to build another Yak-28 soon and I'd like to use the "red stars covered at 90% by blue and yellow disks" markings. I really really don't mind. I've done enough Soviet builds before (even a Soviet kit).

Edited by Laurent

okay Laurent

is a pity cos it was looking good but sadly i ain't Stalin and can't force you to finish her with Red Stars like wot you were supposed to :bleh:

I object ! The red stars are there...

amodelYak28ppUkrainianRoundel.jpg

... well... kind of there... :whistle:

will ask Mike if he can transfer you to Siberia :lol:

No problem Paul :)

Edited by Laurent

I object ! The red stars are there...

amodelYak28ppUkrainianRoundel.jpg

... well... kind of there... :whistle:

No problem Paul :)

Well, why don't you do it prototypically Laurent - stick on some red stars, photograph it & then after the revolution stick on the yellow & blue roundels....??!! :P:D

Keef

• 2 weeks later...

I've applied the decals. I could show the thingy after applying the sealing clear coat. I've used the Ukrainian decals but I have an alibi: Amodel screwed up the paint directions. They state that the camo is the same for the Soviet and the two Ukrainian birds when it's not the case. The Aviaretro Yak-28PP monography gives the proper camouflage but I didn't realize it until recently.