Hawker Fury

Barrovian

Can anyone point me in the direction of any rigging pans for the Airfix 1/48 Hawker Fury, have 4 to build, 3 x RAF and 1 x Yugoslavian, thanks in advance

See if you can find someone with an Inpact kit. Excellent rigging instructions, including a way to do the whole thing with four long threads... To be honest, you'd be better finding 4 Inpact Furies (or Lindberg, or Pyro)... they're a lot better than the Airfix ones...

bestest,

M.

Edited by cmatthewbacon

Hi Barrovian,

I think I have an Inpact kit in the stash, I'll check it in the next few days, if it's there I'll scan the instructions for you.

Happy modelling

Ant

Thanks

Hi Barrovian,I am working on AIRFIX Fury at the moment, but I saw another Furys and I agree with another opinions - AIRFIX is the weaknes but

it gives you a pleasure in work :)

If you need some information about Yugoslav Furys contact me.

All the best, Miroslav.

Edited by Miroslav

• 1 year later...
Hi Barrovian,I am working on AIRFIX Fury at the moment, but I saw another Furys and I agree with another opinions - AIRFIX is the weaknes but

it gives you a pleasure in work :)

If you need some information about Yugoslav Furys contact me.

All the best, Miroslav.

How did the kit turn out Miroslav? I just bought a 1/48th Airfix Fury off evilbay last night, and am interested to know what the kit has in store for me!

• 2 weeks later...
The inpact kit provides a diagram of how the rigging should look, I have a great book -in spanish...- about the fury which if I can find my scanner, I will try and get a few images on here for you and others.

The airfix kit, as I can remember, has a good nose area, not sure about the fabric areas but I guess these can be re worked. Just been reading an artical in an old SAMI magazine about a 1:32 Hurricane finished as a Yugoslav Mk.1 (gold standard hurricane is the title) with much of the detail scratch built..I am now looking into scratching much of the Lindberg fury I have...?

What RAF examples are you doing? are you needing spats for the wheels? I am wondering how to make some for mine?

I'm trying to find time to finish a mould for a set of Fury spats, the masters are all ready mounted, awaiting the next stage.

John

• 2 weeks later...
The inpact kit provides a diagram of how the rigging should look, I have a great book -in spanish...- about the fury which if I can find my scanner, I will try and get a few images on here for you and others.

The airfix kit, as I can remember, has a good nose area, not sure about the fabric areas but I guess these can be re worked. Just been reading an artical in an old SAMI magazine about a 1:32 Hurricane finished as a Yugoslav Mk.1 (gold standard hurricane is the title) with much of the detail scratch built..I am now looking into scratching much of the Lindberg fury I have...?

What RAF examples are you doing? are you needing spats for the wheels? I am wondering how to make some for mine?

I have run off a small number of injected 1:48 Fury wheel spats form one of my experimental moulds today They are £2.50 a pair on a sprue plus P and P.

John

I have run off a small number of injected 1:48 Fury wheel spats form one of my experimental moulds today They are £2.50 a pair on a sprue plus P and P.

John

Hi John,

Sounds :speak_cool:! How do I go about ordering? I can't seem to find them on your website?

Best,

Joey