Made my day!

OzH

While haveing a great day at Yeovilton show yesterday, a friend asked if I wanted to give him a hand with something, and I should bring my camera.

Jumped in his car, got booked on to the base and went across to the flying club.

We then helped push this lovely lady out

Picture725-2.jpg

Picture727-3.jpg

Watched John, the pilot start her up and taxi out....

Picture787-2.jpg

take off and chuck her around for about 15 minutes...

Picture799-1.jpg

Picture823-2.jpg

taxi back in and push her back into the hanger

Picture827.jpg

but not before getting a quick sit in her!

Picture728-3.jpg

That grin says it all!

Being around warbirds gives me a huge buzz, but helping out a little, seeing them close up and then fly, just awsome!

Lucky bugger!!!!!!! :worthy:

Regards,

JB.

You jammy,jammy,jammy barstud.

I don't need to tell you what she is or her historical importance.

Kennett did a wonderful job of finishing the restoration on her(started in 1973 with her recovery from Warrington)

and that John Beattie does a grand job of displaying her.

Did John tell you the tale of bailing out of TF956,or putting WG655 into that field when the engine blew?

Mark

Go on, admit it... I bet you grabbed hold of the stick and went neeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww taka taka taka taka taka taka..

Jammy bugger. :D

You were there! bugger, didn't think anyone heard!!!

Nice one OZH, the novelty of pushing the damn things out of a hanger soon wears off though, especially up hill like the one here. My old workmate artexeeerrrr........ (old joke) painted it ;)

I have managed to get a couple of peeps from here etc a sit in the RR one in the past :) Personally it does not bother me, but I and the Engineers involved with it knows it can make some peoples dreams come true.. and as such is a rare treat :) Radio Derby ran a competition to get someone that chance many moons ago and it was their most successful competition.

Edited by TonyT

I`m really pleased for you Oz cos you look like the Cat that got the cream and that is a beautiful aircraft...definately the best looking of the Spitfire breed...by far!

A friend of a friend (who is now my friend too...if you know what I mean??) was a member of the BBMF and he arranged it for us to visit the flight where we got to sit in a Spitfire and Hurricane then went into the Lanc!! Well excited wasn`t the word...especially as I`d written to `Jim`ll Fix it' in the 1980`s as a kid asking to do the very same thing and guess what the BBMF lad was called.......Jim!!! So my letter worked after all!!

Cheers

Tony O

Great stuff Oz, what a treat!

I had no idea she was displaying, so was a bit gutted when my Dad returned to the BM table saying she had been up for a spin....:(