EE's Pe-3

Hi

OK, well my original choice was the Skarabey Lavochkin La-176, but my NMF application skills need brushing up (literally), so I've gone for something a little different!

I'll be making what I think is a Gran (or Co-operativa) Pe-3 (although I'm not sure, there's no maker's name on the box, instructions etc) and using the Owl PE set & decals to make a Gneis radar fitted night fighter.

It's a nice kit, quite detailed, with a fair few parts, some of which promise to be horribly tricky! Still it beats battering away at Frog & Frogspawn efforts, which is what's been going on for the last few months!!

Got a couple of builds to get out of the way for SMW first, but this should be underway by the start of November. Pics to follow soon.

Ta,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Pictures as requested - were ready last week, but following our minor site hiccup, this is my first chance to get them on.

The kit is definitely the Gran Pe-3. On closer inspection, flash removal is going to be a major part of this build, because, despite the fine detailing (a lot of which will vanish, i.e. in the cockpit), there's going to have to be some serious fettling.

I love the Gneis 3 installation - when finished it'll resemble a flying porcupine. All, in all, a nice looking little kit, with hopefully great possibilities!

C

Nash the cat has been keeping a close eye on things!!

pe3001.jpg

pe3003.jpg

pe3004.jpg

pe3002.jpg

pe3005.jpg

pe3006.jpg

pe3007.jpg

pe3008.jpg

pe3009.jpg

pe3011.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi!

So, sorry - things have been on hold recently with all modelling following the birth of my son last year - it's manic to say the least, but I'm just starting to get back into the swing of things again.

It's touch and go whether I can make this deadline - I'm quite a slow modeller, and this is akin to a limited run kit, with the amount of work that needs doing - certainly in terms of fit. I'm not too keen on rushing it...

I'll do my best, but I'm not promising! :sorry:

C

• 1 month later...
there's no maker's name on the box, instructions etc)

It's there in Cyrillic on the top-right of the box: VES Models. It's Gran and Cooperativa that reboxed VES, not the other way around. They did a LaGG-3, a La-15, a Su-15 and other things, the latest being the Streem Su-24.

Edited by Laurent