A couple of 60's era diesels

Stu

Hi,

For some reason only just twigged this section was here. As I dabble in railways a bit here's a couple of photo's of recent projects.

08-1.jpg

First up a renumbered and weathered 350hp shunterfrom the very good Hornby model

BRCW-KA1b.jpg

Second a backdated, repainted and weathered Heljan Crompton.

Stu

Edited by Stu

Love Em Stu,

So many railway modellers seem afraid to weather their locos and rolling stock. O.K some were well looked after, but standard workhorses were there to be used and not look pretty. That Gronk looks just great ....... must do more weathering, this has inspired me (again) ....

'V'

Hi,

Thanks for the comments gents. I am inordinately pleased with the 08. It was done from a selection of picures and I made a conscious effort to try and copy what I saw rather than what I thought I saw if that makes sense. Far easier though with trains as there are plenty of decent colour photo's about to work on. Recently did a French Corsair which has come out so-so but have realised I was working mainly from other models rather than decent references. Rather envious of those who can do convincing weathered planes with limited references.

Are you "Digital"? What couplings do you use?

Yep! I'm digital and wouldn't go back. I use tension locks though tend to get rid of the ones on locos so I can detail the ends. Replace them with a wire loop.

Stu