Advice neededed on Tamyia Smoke

Hi all can anyone advise me where Iam going wrong. Iam trying to spray my Hemp PR9 with Tamyia Smoke well thinned with Tamyia Thinners to almost like milk,and for some reason it goes on blotchy and uneven,Iam using Iwata airbrush at about 15 psi. It just wont go on evenly. Many thanks

Charlie

Hi all can anyone advise me where Iam going wrong. Iam trying to spray my Hemp PR9 with Tamyia Smoke well thinned with Tamyia Thinners to almost like milk,and for some reason it goes on blotchy and uneven,Iam using Iwata airbrush at about 15 psi. It just wont go on evenly. Many thanks

Charlie

I would say to turn the pressure right down to as low as you can go - try it on a piece of paper first. Could it be that you were too close and the pressure was blowing the mix along the surface? What finish are you spraying onto?

Peter

I would say to turn the pressure right down to as low as you can go - try it on a piece of paper first. Could it be that you were too close and the pressure was blowing the mix along the surface? What finish are you spraying onto?

Peter

Hi

Iam spraying on xtracolour gloss varnish ,

Many thanks

Charlie

I often spray tamiya smoke which is diluted to a water like consistancy so I can build it up in layers for weathering etc so I doubt it's the dilution, guessing it's the pressure as I use either low pressure or a low flow rate, it might pay to matt the surface first so the paint has a key to stick too (I normally weather after decals have been applied).

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers

Col'