Trumpy P-51 B/C

G'yday G'day in Brittish Lasses and Lads

Popped out another one :D Trumpeters 1/32 P-51 B/C. Not too bad a kit, some issues with gimmicky and fiddly bits that need not be in the kit and the dodgy decal colours.....................it's still a Mustang B). Most enjoyable build in the end, tried out that salt chip weathering on the side walls, worked OK for me. Might stick her to a base....... we'll see...... in the interim thanks for looking.

Be safe and well Britmodellers

Cheers

Jim

:beer:

101_0098.jpg

101_0099.jpg

101_0101.jpg

101_0102.jpg

101_0103.jpg

101_0128.jpg

That is a really nice build, got one of those in the stash, after struggling with the Revell kit it might be fun, it looked strange to me for a while then I figured out why, the cockpit is closed, very unusual, something you don't see in kits very often.

Cheers

Den

That looks very nice in British (only kidding sport!!) markings but were the bazooka tubes actually used by Commonwealth Mustang units over Italy?

I`ve always liked the 3 Sqn RAAF `Stars' on the rudder of the Mustang by the way and your weathering is excellent!

Cheers

Tony O

Thanks Gal and Guys...........

Enzo: The stripes are buffed out with 1200 grit Wet n Dry paper, just go steady steady and you will get the ragged edge. These stripes are the decal supplied with the kit but I am sure they would also look similar if you used the same method with paint.

Tony: I actually have no idea if they used the tubes on the Commonwealth birds or went for straight rockets????? Learned gents or ladies around these parts would no more..........fat lot of ol good am I eh? At least you didn't mention the ashes :crying: ............ :lol: :lol:

And to the rest of you, thanks again for the feedback.

Cheers and best wishes.

Jim

:cheers: