MIG-21 PFM " VIETNAM AIR FORCE" ( Academy 1/48)

Hi Plastikfriend´s!

Another model build . This time a version of Vietnam Air Force.

Picture base for start...Very poor information. But I did my best.

Please Enjoy!

mig21pfm.jpg

My version for this model....

Mig21PFM9.jpg

Mig21PFM13.jpg

Mig21PFM12.jpg

Mig21PFM14.jpg

Mig21PFM11.jpg

Mig21PFM3.jpg

Mig21PFM2.jpg

Mig21PFM16.jpg

Mig21PFM6.jpg

Mig21PFM8.jpg

• Like 12

• 4 years later...

A bit late to reply on this thread, but in the name of accuracy i would like to draw your attention on lighter rudder colour of your great build. Unlike the artist from Markstyling, who made the first artwork of this MIG:

55_21.jpg

I believe that the colour of the rudder should not be different (lighter) than on the rest of the tail, I believe that this is just a sunshine reflex - see the photography below:

mig21unitsofthevietnamw.jpg

If you google any photos of parked Mig-21s, almost each has rudder slightly tilted to the right, exactly like the blotched Mig on the right. And with regard to the sun position on the picture I believe that the lighter rudder colour is just a sunshine reflex, not different colour.

Problem is, that the 5015 illustration was so often used and copied, even in Osprey publishing Mig-21 books, that everyone takes it now as a fact.

Ladia

• Like 2

A bit late tho 5 years after he built it!

Thanks for your opinion, Julien, even when from Walkaround Coordinator and surely respected forum member I would be more happy to hear something like Welcome to the forum, Ladia....Anyway it´s not that I was counting days and waiting five years to post my reply - I hope you agree that for CYBERMODEL would late even the same day when he posted his pictures.....

It´s exactly as Jens mentioned - I realized this just recently and decided to post my reply because other modellers might find useful, that someone draws their attention to the fact, that respectful historical source, many times copied and re-printed even in various historical books such as Osprey publishing Ltd. Mig-21 books etc. managed to make clearly evident mistake.

Yep. Clearly just a highlight due to the rudder being cocked all the way over to the right.

Still speculation…….most likely BUT not 100% sure so we simply cannot use the term quote "Clearly' unquote...…..we need to see ABSOLUTE proof before anyone can make such an assertion.

Great job. Just had a look at my Eduard PFM and it shows the rudder the same as the rest of the a/c. One thing, it shows the dark green patches over the airframe silver but mentions that it might have been over a lighter green according to reference pics. Whatever I will be doing green on green with the rudder the tail colour.

I made the same "mistake" on mine - it looks odd, but then again adds a slightly different look to the plane. I'm not going to correct it, though it would be easy to do.

Edited by Brokenedge