1/48 D-Day Walrus

Hi all

This is the Classic Airframes 1/48 Walrus, originally started for the D-Day Group build, build thread is here. As you can see I didn’t complete it nearly on time, but its done now.

She’s finished in 277 Naval Air Squadron, my first attempt at the FAA shadow scheme and with the D-Day stripes roughly hand painted for that time.

The kit is OK, I did have a real drama aligning the lower/upper wings correctly. The lower wings have no locating pins or any sort of guides, so getting these right is critical, I had two or three attempts before I got them right!

Picture744-3.jpg

Picture745-3.jpg

Picture746-2.jpg

Picture740-2.jpg

Picture742-3.jpg

Picture743-2.jpg

Picture748.jpg

Picture747-3.jpg

Picture751-3.jpg

• Like 18

That's a really nice Walrus Oz :) Lots of neat little touches like the "hand painted" ends of the invasion stripes and the shadows between the ribs on the wings :thumbsup:

Well done Oz,

What a fantastic model and I can sympathise with the wing alignment too, which makes your efforts doubly good! Love the paint scheme and the D-Day stripes but must say that 277 Sqn was an RAF Air Sea Rescue Sqn and not a Naval Air Sqn!!

All the best

Tony O

That looks quite realalistic ...! Great Job...lovely Bi-Plane...

Cheers,

ggc

Excellent. As the others say, the paint job, particularly the weathering and staining, is very well executed.

Fantastic OZ, you have done a great job on the stripes, its not easy to carry off hand painted markings and not make them sloppy. You have done superb job. Always look forward to seeing your latest project

Regards

Bruce

Every now and then, someone posts up a finished build here that makes my jaw quite literally drop; well this is obviously one of them. It just looks absolutely spot on. Fantastic, absolutely fantastic.