Another Airfix PR XIX...

But I decided to do the Swedish version...

PR_XIX_1.jpg

PR_XIX_2.jpg

PR_XIX_3.jpg

PR_XIX_4.jpg

I made an instrument panel with my punch and die set...but no point...you can't see it!

I won't add anything to what's already been said. £5, goes together great, looks like a Spit...

All the best,

Phil

Now there is something you don't see every day, it's builds like this that really make it interesting and educational too, well done Phil.

Regards,

JB.

iirc the whole spinner is given as red on the instruction sheet

Haven't found any colour piccies so is there a reference to the spinner being split please?

Hi, Mate.

The instruction/colour profile sheet shows the spinner as red at the front only...there's a handy engraved line round the spinner, that I used as a demarcation line.

All the best, and thanks for the kind comments.

Phil

Is there anything more asthetically pleasing than a PR.XIX?

If there is, I don't wanna know about it.

Gorgeous. :wub:

Nope.

The PR.XIX is exactly what Reg Mitchell envisiged,power,speed and drop dead gorgeous looks.

They look really good in overall PRU blue don't they.

Mark

Pretty girl it is!

Although sweden recieved 50 PR19's or S31's they called them, I remember reading somewhere after they'd out grown their usefulness in 1955 most were scrapped but some were sold on to Isreal (I think?) leaving sweden with non, so when heritage aviation took hold a few decades ago they searched around for a PR19 to place in flygvapen museum (Swedish Air Force Museum) eventually getting a badly damaged clapped out airframe from Canada ex-RAF PM627 which they traded a handful of Swedish types including jets, the fully refurbed S31 is still at the museum in Linköping today carrying the fictitious code 31051 the 31 being the type designation S31 and 051 being the sequencial number of airframes remembering they only bought 50!!

. . . Kes