Model Aviation World - Update

Spence

Hi Spence

much anticipated by me.

This month i didn't walk out of the local newsagent's with a copy of MAM. Even though there wasn't any Spitfires in it! :P

(Still got SAM as i have had it reserved for me for yonks)

this couldn't be better timed :D

Didn't see in previous posts the mention of sclae drawings- will there be any please?

Hi Spence

much anticipated by me.

This month i didn't walk out of the local newsagent's with a copy of MAM. Even though there wasn't any Spitfires in it! :P

(Still got SAM as i have had it reserved for me for yonks)

this couldn't be better timed :D

Didn't see in previous posts the mention of sclae drawings- will there be any please?

Hey fella!

I'd love to have drawings in the magazine. All I have to do is ensure that they fit in with the articles that we have planned, that they're fabulous and that my budget can cope with the strain!!! Seriously, we will be looking into the inclusion of scale drawings, as we will profiles and full-sized reference material - all of which will supplement the modeling features that we will create each month.

I hope that this helps!

All the best, Spence

3312771832_c19987074d.jpg

All I have to do is ensure that they fit in with the articles that we have planned, that they're fabulous and that my budget can cope with the strain!!!

I'll take that as a maybe then :D

was just a thought. I know some people don't worry about plans, but even if they are not of something i am ever going to build i like the aesthetics of good technical drawings. No probs if you can't twist the publishers arm for the cash ;)

I'll take that as a maybe then :D

was just a thought. I know some people don't worry about plans, but even if they are not of something i am ever going to build i like the aesthetics of good technical drawings. No probs if you can't twist the publishers arm for the cash ;)

I'm certainly not saying that we won't be doing it, but I can assure you that we won't publish anything just for the sake of it - and that includes drawings. If it's good and useful to the reader I'll consider it for publication... Simples!!!

Spence

I'd forgotten about this, and missed your thread til now. :rolleyes:

Good luck with the first issue (and the following ones), and may god bless all that sail in you. Somehow I'll have to find the funds to grab a subscription, as I'm not giving up MIS as it fulfils my armour craving, so MAW will probably replace MAI as my aircraft fix in due course. :)

I have to say I'm in two-minds about this, the current format of MIS made it a more interesting read for me 'cos I mainly build aircraft and sometimes armour, the content also gave me a nice warm feeling as it took me back to the days of the original Scale Models, a mix of content, now I'm looking at buying two mags for the high quality articles instead of just one :fraidnot:

But as long as there is no loss of the current high standards then best of luck with the new publication.

I have to say I'm in two-minds about this, the current format of MIS made it a more interesting read for me 'cos I mainly build aircraft and sometimes armour, the content also gave me a nice warm feeling as it took me back to the days of the original Scale Models, a mix of content, now I'm looking at buying two mags for the high quality articles instead of just one :fraidnot:

But as long as there is no loss of the current high standards then best of luck with the new publication.

Hey Fella. Thanks for that.

Everything changes eh? We felt that falling between two stools meant that we sometimes had to compromise articles ocassionally to fit both subjects in. Let me make something clear - I have no intention of letting the content of either title flag with poor quality features. With the team of modellers that I have assembled, I believe that both MIS and MAW will improve as I will now be able to reproduce the pictures larger (making them more detailed and useful as a result) and the articles more involved. Also, we will have more step by steps, more techniques and more full-sized pictures to enjoy. Think of MIS with a 50 page supplement and you be somewhere close to what we have planned!

All the best, Spence

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Yes, I got a copy in Smiths in Bognor last week.

I'm very impressed! As well as 2 features on 72nd scale aircraft (my main scale :D ) the photography is excellent and I like the words :) By which I mean the contributers write in a way I like, easy to ready but still informative.

I'm certainly looking forwrd to the next issue, something I've not said about a magazine for a while.

Carry on the good work Spence :thumbsup:

Jimbo