Model Aviation World - Update

Spence

Hi Everyone - I hope that you're all well today! :)

Now that I've calmed down over the construction of The Workshop, I'd like to tell you about our new magazine, ‘Model Aviation World’ - the first issue of which will goes on sale on the 5th of November. Traplet Publications are in the process of creating a brand new title that will expand on the aircraft content from MIS, to produce a fresh, all aircraft magazine, that will cover all aspects of aircraft modelling, both civilian and military. This will mean that MIS will become a dedicated military title (covering armour, figures and dioramas) and the aircraft content will transfer over to the new magazine, expand upon it and in the process help us create a more rounded and interesting publication. The new magazine will be edited and put together each month by myself and Alan Firbank - who has worked longside me for many years and who will do a fantastic job on this new magazine.

In terms of content, MAW will feature a wide variety of models and subjects from WWI to Modern Jets, Helicopters to Civilian Airliners - it will not be a military-only title. These features will cover some very interesting kits both new and classic (the latter allowing us the chance to revisit many forgotten kits that still look great even today...), injection moulded, resin and vac-formed, as well as conversions and scratchbuilt subjects and will be formatted to follow closely the standards of the aircraft models that many of you will be familiar with if you read MIS regularly. And yes, the quality of the models will remain just as high! Even I might get in on the act and build an aircraft model once in a while!

The first issue will be an expanded 84 issue that will feature a mountain of stunning builds and reference features - just look at Haris Ali's gorgeous Bristol Fighter on our cover to give you a flavour of the content! All subsequent issues will be 68 pages (a size that has worked so well for Military In Scale over the last fifteen years or so).

For more information on this please see the advertisement in the next issue of MIS and keep an eye on our website, where you will find more information on the content for the first issue of MAW, the release date and subscription rates. We’re very excited by this development and so we hope, will you!

Spence

3312771832_c19987074d.jpg

3943696655_6c1d0d3baa_b.jpg

Edited by Spence

Hi Spence,

As a devottee of SAMI and a subscriber from day one, you may, just may have pulled me out of my mistake habits! So in one day, you force me to nearly quit my hobby with 'The Workshop' yet now you tempt me back into the fold; superdetailing a 1/48th Bucc in the first issue? Just right up my street!!

Edited by busdriver

Good luck with the venture Spence, look forward to seeing it on the racks.

(You didn't think you would get off the inquisition other publications have been dealt by BMer's did you :P)

will 1/72 scale feature in the mags please?

Hey fella - inqusition?! Yeah - I guess so..!!!

As for 1/72, it ill be a core scale - just as it is with a great many modellers around the world...

Spence

Excellent news! MiS is the one magazine that has really encouraged me to try new techniques and improve my skills as a modeller, so I'm looking forward to picking up MAW.

Keep up the good work, it is appreciated!

....noticed there was no aviation content in the current issue of MiS, so good luck with this. I agree with Paul; MiS was/is always a mag to read for actual model building & techniques ! So hopefully no articles on flight sims or Pacific wrecks or articles full of pics scanned from other people's books or re-hashed pieces on British aviation at the outbreak of WWII ..just show us the models ! ..I shall definitely be looking out for issue 1 !

Edited by FalkeEins

Sounds very good indeed, looking forward to this.

Especially like the idea of featuring classic as well

as new kits. Only reservation is that this will be

the fifth monthly aircraft modelling magazine in

the UK, hope the market is large enough to

support them all.

Cheers, Paul

Awesome Spence!!

I must admit I knew about it for a few months and it has been quite difficult to keep quiet!! I cannot wait to subscribe as I am sure, given Mister Pollards track record, that this will be a world beater magazine.

I am very happy for you Spence. Good luck with the new venture!!

Cheers

Mike

Hi Spence,

Great news on the new mag, hope that it does very well. Not to sound too much of a whinging git tho, I am a current subscriber to MIS (tho I cannot remember how I paid/you collect the £!) and I subscribed mainly due to the fact that the mag always had some aviation content. I would not/do not subscribe to all military titles as this is not what I build which leads to the question, can I cancel my subscription or transfer it to the new title? Look forward to your reply and best of luck!

Bryn

Hi Spencer

Well done looking forward to this and at least we can speak about it openly now. As you know my ad copy is already in for the first issue. I trust that this will be a good start for a new magazine and all being well you willl have the backing of A2Zee Models and the Alley Cat brand for years ahead.

Here is to many years of Model Aviation World.

All the very best Ali

Hi Everyone - I hope that you're all well today! :)

Following on from my original posting here's a small update that may well begin to answer questions from our subscribers. There will of course be further information when I get it!

The new-look Military in Scale will start with the December issue, on sale from 12 November and Model Aviation World, will be on the shelves from 5 November 2009. There are a number of special subscriber offers available if you want to subscribe to both magazines or if you’d rather you can just switch your current subscription to MIS over to MAW, by calling Customer Services on 01684 588599.

All the best, Spence

3312771832_c19987074d.jpg