Valom Bristol brigands

Martin H

ive just returned from Eday in Prague, and its possible I have the first pair of Valom bristol brigands (both B mk 1 & TF mk 1) in the UK out side of the magazines.

heres a few pics of the B mk-1

ValomBrigandb1001.jpg

ValomBrigandb1002.jpg

ValomBrigandb1003.jpg

ValomBrigandb1004.jpg

ValomBrigandb1005.jpg

and now the TF mk-1

ValomBrigandTF1001.jpg

ValomBrigandTF1002.jpg

ValomBrigandTF1003.jpg

ValomBrigandTF1004.jpg

ValomBrigandTF1005.jpg

enjoy.....

Look okay don't they? So, Valom? the only kit from this manuf. I've heard of is the Valiant which as far as I read the reports weren't too good, do they do other stuff?is it any good?

. . . Kes

Valiant? wasnt that Mach2 ?

there kits are in my view the high end of the short run type, good fit in most places and good quality mouldings , but a bit of experiance needed to build a half decent model

I`ve got to have at least one of those.....fantatic they are here at last!! The only one I`ve got in my collection is a vacuformed one which I built quite a few years ago!!

Thanks for showing us Martin

Tony O

No.

Cheers

John

No.

Cheers

John

No need to disappoint me twice there John :)

Shame - I had the old Hallam vac 1/72 kit many years ago and it was too much for me at the time. Now my scale is 1/48th it would be great to see a Brigand in that scale too. I had hoped it would be covered by Dynavector - but as Taro seems to have gone out of the now kits business I guess I'm looking at either Special Hobby et al, or somone doing it in resin.

Well one lives in hope!

Cheers

Jonners

Most of the visual differences between the two types was the canopy MH, the TF had a rear facing Browning, Ju.88 style and .5" I think, whereas the B.1 didn't. the framing was different on the B.1 too.

Edited by kitnut617

What's the RRP here anyone know?

Expensive! Czech kits seem to be shooting up in price. Doubt you'll see much change from £30, if any.

What's the current price on the Magna kit?

Judging by the standard of these, it bodes well for their Buckingham and Buckmaster, if not for the wallet...

What's the RRP here anyone know?

Intrigued by the sprues - why two canopies, it's hard to tell if there are any differences?

Price quoted from European shops is Euro 31.50 so will no doubt be around £32-£35 here once importer adds cut.

Andy

P.S. Anyone know how I can the "Euro" sign into posts here?

Valiant? wasnt that Mach2 ?

there kits are in my view the high end of the short run type, good fit in most places and good quality mouldings , but a bit of experiance needed to build a half decent model

Yep, Mach2, my mistake, sorry!!

. . . Kes