Testors B-2 Spirit

Skii

Congratulations on a truly brilliant model. Your B-2 is easily the finest model I have seen in a long, long time. There is little doubt it will clean up at Telford!

What's next to get "The Treatment" on your work bench?

BM.

You lot make a grown man blush :blush:

thankyou for the very positive feedback, nice to get a pat on the back after all that sanding, glueing and many hours of painting!

Adrian the model is actually only just longer than an equivalent scale F-15, about 29 cms long, however the wingspan is immense - 72 cms, large enough not to fit through a standard size doorway without turning it sideways (which I discovered to my cost one day..) Heightwise there are no vertical control surfaces so the refuelling receptacle stands only 8cm high.

cheers

John

I'm flabbergasted...it's fantastic! With those atrociously large wing(?) joints that is one ugly project to pull off, you've really done it! Love the patchy paintwork on the uppers...simply beautiful mate!

Oops! :shocked: Just noticed I've not added my praise to this one... soz! :blush:

It's a lovely job John... and I shall be copying the paintjob shamelessly when I get round to my little 1:144 one in due course ;)

• 1 month later...

Well I saw this one today in the flesh and I have to say WOW.

That is one cool build.

I managed to pick up one of these kits this weekend and also picked up the Revell 1/72 ATB. I hope to build both of these kits up for next years SMW. I will be over the moon if I can make mine look half as good as your build.

Edited by falcon

Well I saw this one today in the flesh and I have to say WOW.

That is one cool build.

I managed to pick up one of these kits this weekend and also picked up the Revell 1/72 ATB. I hope to build both of these kits up for next years SMW. I will be over the moon if I can make mine look half as good as your build.

Cheers Chris, very nice of you :D

pm me your address and I'll bung you the engines ;)

J