WWII Part 1 GB POLAND TO DUNKIRK

zero

I'd be interested in this GB but I don't know much about the period. Would a Tamiya BF109 E-3 in one of these schemes be eligible?

EAG48050.jpg

I looked it up. Follow the link and go to your decalsheet.

The upper one is 1939. The others spring 1940 which makes it more BoB.

So for a "Blitzkrieg" 109 ,the upper one would be the best .

http://flightdecs.ca/A_EAGLECALS_48.htm

Edited by Erwin

Spring 1940 would be perfect actually. Thin about it. B.o.B. didn't really get going till mid July.

Officially the BoB started 10 th July 1940.

Those other three markings in the decalsheet therefor would also qualify for the Blitzkrieg.

However,IMO this GB is more to focus on the early months of the war.Say the year 1939 + a couple of months.Excempt for Denmark and Norway which were invaded on 9 th April 1940.

The aim of this GB is to get some builds on lesser known subjects with markings of the invaded countries.

That doesn't mean that there can not be any RAF from the Phoney War in it.

But let's try to stick more to the actual time-frame of the Blitzkrieg.

That's why I will most likely build the 1/72 nd Airfix Fairey Battle in Belgian markings besides the 1/32 nd Revell Ju 87 STUKA.And if the 1/32 nd PCM early Hurricane is on the market during the GB that one too in Belgian markings.

BTW,I have not ( yet) been appointed host in this GB by Mish. So all this what I'm saying is not a official GB rule .

Edited by Erwin

Officially the BoB started 10 th July 1940.

Those other three markings in the decalsheet therefor would also qualify for the Blitzkrieg.

However,IMO this GB is more to focus on the early months of the war.Say the year 1939 + a couple of months.

The aim of this GB is to get some builds on lesser known subjects with markings of the invaded countries.

That doesn't mean that there can not be any RAF from the Phoney War in it.

But let's try to stick more to the actual time-frame of the Blitzkrieg.

That's why I will most likely build the 1/72 nd Airfix Fairey Battle in Belgian markings besides the 1/32 nd Revell Ju 87 STUKA.And if the 1/32 nd PCM early Hurricane is on the market during the GB that one too in Belgian markings.

BTW,I have not ( yet) been appointed host in this GB by Mish. So all this what I'm saying is not a official GB rule .

Sorry Erwin, dodgy internet connection here

You and Iain are hosts and the dates will be....

8th august 2010 to 14th November 2010